Saturday, May 31, 2014

Luzon Travel: Tagaytay's Relaxing Sights!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda




When my US - based friend Emma told me that she is coming over here for only a week to wed and then celebrate afterwards, I jumped at a chance of being able to check out a new destination before summer ends. But she wants something near the airport, with lots of chances to relax, have a massage, eat lots of fruits, and savor Filipino buffet dishes, and then repeat the same cycle the next day. I waited in anticipation to hear what could her "dream destination" be. To my chagrin, she told me she wants to visit Tagaytay, where I practically been "staycationing" weekly since my wedding there in September last year.


Perfect View for our 8th month-sary as a couple. 
Of course I was a bit disappointed that I won't be able to visit another place before summer ends, but I am happy to know that my favorite place is fast becoming a popular destination for my friends abroad who are in search of a romantic getaway sans a long travel. And why not? With Tagaytay's short distance from Manila, cooler climate all - year round and an awe inspiring  view of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano, relaxation indeed is inevitable. Activity is optional. 

Here are my TAGAYTAY's Recommendations for ultimate relaxation:



Add: Zone II Brgy. San Jose, Tagaytay City, Cavite 4120
Sleep in Luxury. I booked the couple at Estancia Resort Hotel, which is the same hotel where we had our wedding reception and honeymoon and love it there! True to its resort concept, the hotel is located on a rolling terrain of verdant forest with colored-themed rooms built far from the noisy road and with lots of greenery in between the rooms. The hotel also has swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, playground, game / function room, and billiards. 



For a Greece-inspired look, relaxing ambiance and easy access to a breathtaking view of the world-renowned Taal Lake and Taal Volcano, we chose a room at the Santorini cluster. The blue and white colors makes for a great photo ops. The room is spacious and has a veranda where you can experience nature at its best. 


Address: Mahogany Avenue, Tagaytay 4120
Dine on the Cheap. Since Emma loves to eat Filipino dishes, Tagaytay does not fail with its ubiquitous budget-friendly restaurants serving local dishes. One of such places is the Mahogany Market Eateries with lots of restos offering the best bulaloadobokare-kare, crispy pata and several seafoods. Not a fancy place but clean, and food is really delicious. And take note, there is a free wifi and free senyorita bananas for desserts. At the nearby market, you can buy fresh vegetables and fruits for half the price than those you can find from the many stalls along the road. Nothing beats a good meal to relax.


Address: Cuadra Street, Brgy Asisan, Tagaytay 4120
Get Relaxed like Ms. Gina Gil Lacuna, the current holder of the Guinness World Record for the largest collections of jigzaw puzzles in the world, who told us that making puzzles was therapeutic for her. She displays all her 1,028 puzzles in different sizes, dimensions, colors and themes at the Puzzle Mansion museum which you can see for an entrance fee of P100. The location of the Puzzle Mansion on top of the mountain, is to me, relaxing in itself!  


AddressBarangay Buck Estate, Alfonso, Cavite, 4123
Garden Bliss.For Emma, the best way to relax is by having massage but she seldom gets one in the US because it cost between $45 to $60 for an hour. So we brought her to another nature's best kept secret - Sonya's GardenIt's Sensuous Garden Spa has an array of massage services from traditional Pinoy hilot, Swedish, Shiatsu, Thai and Tuina and you can choose to have any body parts that needs the healing power of touch of experience masseuse for so much less. I love getting my whole body massage there, drinking their tea and resting in their charming quiet space with soft blanket afterwards. 



But Sonya's Garden is more than just a spa - it is also a popular wedding venue, bed and breakfast, Panaderia, and a place to enjoy a tasty vegan foods. As we visit this place, Red and I were not only get relaxed, but felt like the newly weds, Al and Emma.



This is my entry to the Pinoy Travel Bloggers’ Blog Carnival for May 2014 with the theme Luzon Lovapalooza, being hosted by Marvin the Pinoy Adventurista!

Check previous Blog Carnival topics in Estan Cabigas' Langyaw.com.

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job with this article. It's very useful and I now know more about this beautiful place. Thank you for the information and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog yet uncomfortable with the color RED = Raymond+Evelyn+Diana margareth. If you know what i mean. T'was worth the search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my blog and taking time to comment. You are right that the nickname I call my husband RED stands for his name, his wife and his daughter. I am sorry that you are uncomfortable with that, but I really don't mind. He told me that first thing when we met again as he never withheld any information from me. He wants me to call him Raymond (like in our younger years) but since I know his nickname as RED when we first met again, I am used to calling him that and I don't really mind if it stands for his family. His former wife and child will always be a part of him and I accept it as such.

      Delete
  3. Puzzle Mansion is one of the best places to go in Tagaytay. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney