Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Selfie Alphabet: Australia!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


Long before Oxford Dictionaries declared the word "Selfieas its 2013 word of the year, I have already been taking "a photograph of me" in the countries I visited. So in the book "2,100 Things To Do Before You Die", I added to the handy checklist the task "Take Selfie Photos in A to Z countries of the world". It means I have to be in at least 26 countries that represents the Alphabet, from A to Z. To date, I've already been to 36 countries but still haven't been to any countries that starts with letters "D" for Denmark, "E" for Egypt, "L" for Laos, "O" for Oman, "Q" for Qatar, "Y" for Yemen and "Z" for Zimbabwe. So since completing the  Selfie Alphabet may be a long shot, I thought of blogging this month of April about those countries I already have selfie photos! Wooah! that's more than a whole month of blogging and that's not a prank!

AUSTRALIA debuts this series. It is the sixth country of the world in terms of land area and comprises six (6) states - New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia. In June 2009, I visited the capital cities of New South Wales, Tasmania, and Victoria,  respectively  Sydney, Hobart and Melbourne !  

Of the three (3) capital citiesmy trip to SYDNEY was the most memorable in terms of taking photos. Unlike in Melbourne and Tasmania where I checked out tourist spots with companions, I was on my own, going around this famous harbour city and capital of New South Wales! Yet, I managed to take a lot of photos with me in it, simply because I wasn't shy asking strangers (who are friends I haven't met)  to take them for me. 

At the Pylon Lookout of Sydney Harbour Bridge

I particularly love this Selfie taken by mother and son, McKenzie and Caleb from Boulder, Colorado (USA) atop the Pylon Lookout of the world famous icon Sydney Harbour Bridge. In the picture, I was pointing to one of the most popular visitor attractions in Australia the SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, a multi-venue performing arts centre which formally opened on October 20, 1973.  Each year, more than seven (7) million people visits  this most distinctive building of the 20th century which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site on June 28, 2007. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is going to be an amazing series! Such a brilliant idea! Cant wait to see the rest!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Wander Shugah dear. Thanks for checking this post and for your positive and inspiring comment. I haven't been able to write in so long and having a series like this will get me to write regularly without much work since I only have to look for one photo with me in it and tell a little something about the photo. I hope this helps my reader somehow as well.

      Delete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney