Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Philippines: There's More Fun In The Sun!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



In my blog page Summer Alphabet Around The Globe,  Philippines accounts for six (6) of my best summer experiences which I am re-posting here. But that just the tip of the iceberg! With 80 provinces to explore from March til May, you won't have enough time to cover them all! No worries! There is always a next summer to have FUN IN THE SUN !




Diving with Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (SCUBA) for pure enjoyment (or recreational diving) has been one of my favorite summer activities since I first tried it six years ago in Boracay. Wearing (and looking better in)  a wet suit (lol) is one of the reasons I love scuba diving over free diving. Nah, it is really because I don't like cold water! And since there are tons of dive spots around the more than 7000 islands of the Philippinessummer is officially my dive time! 


In the Philippines, Easter Sunday always happen in the summer, that's why many of my happy memories in celebrating this joyous season involve my family and our summer activities in the beach, at a campsite, at a resort or even at home as we observe the Holy Week and celebrate Easter morning through egg hunting and egg painting!



What better way to cool off the summer heat than going island hopping and dipping in the water while cruising around the clusters of ten beautiful islands of Caramoan in Camarines Sur, the so called "Philippines Secret Paradise". With its real unblemished, awe inspiring islands strings and rock formations, my  islands adventure in Caramoan is still my unbeatable summer favorite!


Summer sunset at the beach in the twin cities of Dipolog and Dapitan in Zamboanga del Norte  are great backdrops for our funny jumpshots. Not only we got our doze of exercise when jumping, we also got a cool, refreshing breeze off of the water in the early morning and evening. 




Summer's beauty and bounty is at its best in the province of Albay in the Bicol Region with its  annual Magayon Festival from April 1 to 30. Literally means ‘beautiful’ festival, the Magayon Festival's month-long celebration showcases hundreds of activities where locals and guests enjoy Bicol's rich culture, history, crafts, and cuisine as inspired by the Legend of Daragang Magayon (Bikol for ‘beautiful maiden’) which tells of the majestic perfect-coned Mayon Volcano which I was lucky to see from every angle! 

Underwater and other water adventures abound in the summer much more than just scuba diving. In fact, my memory book contains an array of fun activities at the bottom of the ocean, river or lake where I  met water creatures eyeball - to - eyeball like my Butanding Adventure in Donsol, Sorsogon (where I found myself head-on with the gentle whaleshark), Snorkeling in Mindoro and Batangas, Swimming around the beautiful beaches of the Philippines (i.e. CalaguasPagudpud, Palawan, Hundred Islands, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, Samal Island, Camiguin Island).  I also had a share of water activities atop the water like  Whitewater rafting in Cagayan de Oro, Waterfalls adventures in Cateel, Davao,  Sagada, Pagsanjan, Dolphin watching in Bohol.



This is my entry to the Pinoy Travel Bloggers’ Blog Carnival for May 2013 with the theme "Summer Epilogue" hosted by Jona Branzuela Bering of  Backpacking With A Book.



Check out the previous blog carnival topics in Estan Cabigas' Pinoy Travel Bloggers Blog Carnival.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney