Sunday, March 17, 2013

Graduate's Profile: The Traveler!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


"The Graduate" balloon in Gloria de Dapitan, Zamboanga del Norte

My four (4) year old niece Shanara came to me yesterday with a request! She wants me to join her as she marches and receives her medal during her kindergarten's Moving Up Day Ceremony on March 25. Of course she has her parents to do that, but in her tender years she probably could sense that as the one sending her to school [with my nine (9) other nieces and nephews] her graduation's diploma and medals are enough payoffs to me! And sure they are, so I excitedly wrote down the date, gave her a hug and a kiss while I say "Happy Graduation!" 

Graduation Day: April 1998
Degree: Bachelor of Laws
Graduation Day is probably my favorite celebration, and so it is easy to lose count of the many Commencement Exercises I excitedly attended either for myself [from elementary to law school as well as in church seminary and institutes] or for others - like the graduation year -in, year - out of at least 1 of my 10 school - aged nieces and nephews, and the many graduation days I attended as a high school teacher, a law school professor or even as a guest speaker in my alma mater's Graduation or Recognition Day. The feelings of hope, excitement and a sense of accomplishment for the hard work and sacrifices put in prior to the last day of school, makes me look forward to every Graduation Day!


Come April 1, I will celebrate another day of graduation and commencement! It is a day of graduation from a thirteen years of remarkable schooling (not in the usual classroom setting but in many beautiful destinations here and abroad). It is the time I could say that I already graduated from negativism, fears, ignorance, and naivete! 

"NO FEAR" Tricyle in Cateel, Davao Oriental

It is a day I have conquered my fears and became a gutsy woman. Yes! I am no longer an acrophobe or a person scared of heights like that of hanging bridges. I used to feel a twinge of anxiety and fear in simply walking across a hanging bridge. So looking back, my travels has bridged the gap between fears and adventuresgradually exposing myself in small steps from the least fearful situation to the most fearful ones. This allows me to adjust to each step and overcome the fear incrementally - first just looking at the bridge in Cagayan de Oro, then walking halfway thru a bridge in Bohol, then crossing the bridge completely at Sunway Lagoon in KL, Malaysia, and finally enjoying the bridge walk at Sentosa, Singapore

I no longer fear riding a public transportation or vehicles without seat belts which before traveling was a daunting task, not being able to use the cheapest way  to get to our destination! 


"Maroon Bells" in Aspen, Colorado (USA) 
So now, with 660 cities in 27 countries and a high travel score on Geckogo, I can consider myself as a graduate of the school of hard knocks, where the reward is not a diploma or a degree, but an A-traveler badge in Lakbayan for travel in the Philippines, and a profile of person who has learned to overcome some habits, to welcome and embrace the world around me and within me by feeding my wanderlust!


Parasailing in Kota Kinabalu, (Sabah) Malaysia
But the greatest reward on this day of graduation and commencement is having a greater desire to cultivate my mind, expand my world, embrace Traveling as a lifestyle and find meaning and reality that, indeed, "Life is a sea upon which the proud are humbled, the shirker is exposed, and the leader is revealed"! (Pres. Thomas S. Monson)



This is my entry to the Pinoy Travel Bloggers’ Blog Carnival for March 2013 with the theme "Things You Graduated From After Becoming A Traveler" hosted by our Miss Backpacker, Kaiz Galang.  

Check out the previous blog carnival topics in Estan Cabigas' Pinoy Travel Bloggers Blog Carnival.

31 comments:

  1. Hello Ate Mhe-Anne! Wow! You're lucky to belong to a big family who surely loves you. Congratulations to everything you have accomplished! Big fan here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Kaiz! thanks for dropping by my blog and for this comment. You are right that I am really lucky for having my family who made sacrifices to get me to where I am now. I am just paying them back forward through my three brothers' children.

      Delete
  2. You are an inspiration, Ate Mhe-Anne! You have achieved so much knowledge and adventure from all of your travels. I've yet to make my own mark. Again, congrats for every travel venture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mai thanks for your generous words! Not sure about achieving much though, except that I once have "mark" (my beau) in my life! haha. Looking back, I knew I have been blessed and have many reasons to be grateful for! And your comments tell me that I am able to PAY BACK Heavenly Father, my family, and my friends FORWARD for those blessings! I'm sure you will go places Mai and if you do I hope we can bump into each other in person!!!

      Delete
  3. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!
    It's the little changes that make the most important changes. Thanks for sharing!

    Visit my weblog :: two and a half men online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that ωаѕ strangе.
    I just wrote аn еxtremelу long сomment but аfter I clickеԁ ѕubmіt my commеnt dіdn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm nοt writіng all that over
    again. Regаrdlеsѕ, just wanted to say
    ωonԁerful blog!

    My wеbpage - Hotel In Cebu Near Fuente

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ι'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both equally eԁucativе and аmusing,
    and without a doubt, уоu haνe hit the naіl on the head.
    Thе pгoblem is an isѕue thаt not enοugh fоlκs are speaκing intelligently abοut.
    Nоω і'm very happy that I came across this during my hunt for something concerning this.

    Also visit my website - Cebu Attractions Islands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your site in internet explorer, might test
    this? IE still is the marketplace chief and a large element of other people will
    omit your fantastic writing because of this problem.

    My web page - uhaul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great weblog here! Also youг website quite a bit up fast!
    What web hоst aгe you the usage οf?
    Cаn Ι get youг asѕоcіatе link on your host?
    I dеsirе my sitе loaded up as quickly as
    уourѕ lοl

    my web рagе: Cebu Beach House Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to offer one thing back and aid others like you aided me.

    Also visit my web site Puri Santrian Beach Resort Spa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, I've recently been looking for info about this topic for a long time and yours is the best I've
    found out so far. However, what concerning the bottom line?

    Are you positive in regards to the supply?


    Feel free to surf to my site :: Durban Accommodations Available

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after going through many of the posts I realized it's new to me.

    Anyhow, I'm certainly pleased I came across it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back often!


    Here is my web blog; Bed N Breakfast In Durban North

    ReplyDelete
  11. me here is a big fan of brave travelers like you. Congrtas po!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, this weekend is good for me, as this moment i
    am reading this fantastic educational post here at my home.


    Stop by my web-site :: Santa Monica CA movers long distance reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can certainly see your enthusiasm in the article you write.

    The world hopes for more passionate writers such as you
    who are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart.


    my blog; Burbank CA pro movers

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's hard to find well-informed people for this subject, however, you seem like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

    Also visit my webpage ... Santa Monica movers professional

    ReplyDelete
  15. Post writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with then you
    can write or else it is complex to write.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site cheap accommodation melbourne australia

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you are goіng for best contеnts like mе, simply visіt this ѕite еνerydау beсause it presents fеature cοntentѕ, thanks

    Аlsο vіsit my web-site -
    Cebu Holiday Inn Hotels

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous, whаt a weblοg іt iѕ!
    Τhis website prеsеntѕ valuablе infогmаtіon tо us, kеeρ іt up.



    Fеel free to viѕіt my homеpage; Miami moving companies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
    Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Many thanks

    Feel free to surf to my homepage; Durban Stadium Address

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you
    hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. cheers

    Here is my page: Map Of Legian Hotels In Bali

    ReplyDelete
  20. Нi, thіs weekend is gooԁ in favor of me, aѕ thіs occasiοn i аm reading
    this fantastic informаtіve artісlе hеre аt my house.


    mу ωeb page :: Prince Palace Hotel Bangkok Asia Rooms

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hola! I've been following your blog for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great work!

    Here is my weblog ... Sant Ritz - Siteplan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is
    an extremely well written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly comeback.


    Check out my homepage; uhaul

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello.

    I would like to offer you my article to publish on your website - mheanneojeda.blogspot.com.

    The article is about traveling, hotels, resorts, skiing and contain some links. If you practicing such things (as sponsored posts) then please let me know your rates.

    Please contact me back so we can talk more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I consider my boyfriend has recognized this stuff already because boy does he you should!
    When we have passionate intercourse or simply a fast rough and tumble, he
    knows what gets me heading. He even growls which turns me on even more.

    I suppose I am pretty lucky! I concur that it is all conversation, reading and religiously following
    a list you find on the web is wrong, it provides good
    pointers but hell every single woman is different.
    I guess a dominatrix has different sex wants than the usual
    newleywed few.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site - cars that attract women

    ReplyDelete
  25. Spot on with this write-up, I really believe that this amazing site
    needs much more attention. I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the info!

    My blog post ... how much do movers cost San Francisco

    ReplyDelete
  26. Random believed that popped into my head due to my
    current difficulties.

    Here is my weblog :: houston tx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author.I will be sure
    to bookmark your blog and may come back at some point. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice afternoon!


    Check out my web-site Hotel Lucky Inn

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
    any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Also visit my web-site; Ridgewood NJ relocation moving companies

    ReplyDelete
  29. great speech.. ahem... ahh... notes up there...
    i myself have plenty to tell about the rewards and achievements from travelling...

    it surely is a beautiful world...

    looking forward to reaching even a quarter of the 660+ cities you've been too :)

    happy traveling...

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney