Saturday, December 8, 2012

Travel Philippines: "In the Spirit of Christmas" Destinations

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



For me, there is no better way to get in the holiday spirit than by seeing huge Christmas trees  illuminating with tons of bright, white or colorful lights and adorned with snowflakes, wreaths and a spectacular star topper. It is sheer magical and merry

Candy Land by Georgia Club Vista Land
This year I don't have to go too far  to experience this magical adventure with a plus - we just head home to Sta. Rosa Heights at night and stopped along the road by Nuvali to see two giant thematic Christmas Trees and get enchanted with the colorful Candy Land and Santa's House both courtesy of  Vista Land Company of the Villars.  (note: this is not a paid post hehe)



With the traditional green - colored Christmas tree decorated with red balls, bright white lights and huge candy canes and lollipops around, you would definitely not want to pass by everything there is to do at the Candy LandCall it a museum of candies! Inside I let loosed the inner child in me as I marveled at the various candies on display! It is soooo yummy but none of the candies are for sale. 




Santa's House by Valenza Crown Asia


Santa's House At Night
A few meters away from Candy Land is another incredible winter - inspired Christmas Tree as it illuminates with thousands of bright white lights and a huge star topper by the Santa's House. White Christmas in the Philippines? Why not!

Santa's House In the Morning
Seeing Santa inside his very own house is a Christmas tradition that truly enchants me. And no matter how many times I've seen it before, it's always awe inspiring, so I keep coming back - day or night. 


After enjoying the holiday spectacle and the beautiful light display, I enjoyed a Merry Red Red Christmas in the nearby Paseo de Sta. Rosa which hosts an array of free events, food extravaganza and red tags sales as early as November. So don't act surprise if you hear me say I'm in Sta. Rosa again! 

2 comments:

  1. I have never celebrated Christmas other than in my hometown. Candy Land seems like a really nice place, though, esp for kids and kids-at-heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How i wish we have that here in our place .... Tangub is far for us to have the same ambiance depicted in your photos .... Merry Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney