Sunday, July 22, 2012

Before I Hit The Twig: Have a Favorite Color!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda
At the Manila Philippines Temple
In July Blog Carnival's The Birth of 29 Travel Blogs, host Edmar Quibb of Edmaration Etc asked contributors for their favorite color. The runaway winner? Blue and I belong to the Blue Team.Yeahey!! Having a favorite color is also one of the tasks in the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die" so I checked it off.
At Kabayan Resort in Batangas
I love Blue from moutfits, umbrella, car, curtains, fence, even contact lenses. Blue evoke such calmness and is seen as trustworthy, dependable, and committed so I adopted it as my signature color and checked this task in the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die". But after reading about the Country Fair Story, my fascination for blue becomes more of a reminder to always be worthy of a blue-ribbon or being of the highest quality
Fence was Blue before Developer demanded to change color 
In the United States, there is a Lamb Show held each year. The judges would lined - up the lambs according to quality and conditioning. Those lambs with high quality and are well conditioned gets a blue-ribbon. Those lambs which are at the wrong end of the line gets a red-ribbon. A special junior livestock auction for blue - ribbon animals is held each year. Community members come and buy the animals. But a red-ribbon meant you couldn't sell the lamb for that year.
In Taipei (Taiwan) Airport in 2009
I pictured another auction day, the judgment day, when I would be just like the lamb and  would have to give our Saviour Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father an account of my life. I wondered how I would feel on that day if I hadn't lived worthy of a "blue-ribbon" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney