Monday, September 10, 2012

"START BEING" Monday Series: (e)XCITING

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda




(e)XCITING (i.e. causing excitement or stirring and stimulating interest or holding the attention.) As a single person who loves traveling, an exciting life means being able to travel to many new destinations, meeting new faces, learning various cultures and taking in the pleasures of checking off bucket lists - with a traveler beau. For 5 years, this has kept me upbeat and full of life. But a sudden turn of event has caused me to be gloomy and sad and let my life feel like in a rut for sometime. But "Out Of The Blue", a song composed by a long-unseen old flame who knows me from Adam, has got me singing now to a different - but much more fun, and maybe twice as eXCITING take on life, finding him a little more inventive and truly romantic in his own way (to have composed a song for me on his 41st birthday!). Like its title, the song has literally gotten me out of being gloomy or depressed in a rather unexpected time and I melted! 


Out of the Blue
(Music and Lyrics by Red with some inputs from Mhe-anne)
I.

Seeing you again
after all 'of these years
Memories of you keep coming back to me

Nothing really changed 
Nothing really faded
Coz the same old feelings for you remains

I never thought that 
I could see those smiles again

I never thought that  

I could hold your hand again



Chorus:

Out of the blue
And out of the hue (I'm out of the blues)
Under the sky I flew

There's only you
who could take all the blues 
Before the night and day is through

(Repeat Chorus - 

II

Now that you're here
My heart is filled 
With dreams eternal, of you and me

I won't let go
I will never once more 
Lose all my dreams to be with you

I never thought that 
I could feel your heart (love) again 
I never dreamt that 
I could kiss those lips once more


*This is part of a series of 2012 Monday post inspired by Leigh Anne Jasheway-Bryant's Stop DoingStart Being article on Family Circle Magazine April 1, 2005 issue. What she said about having so many "to-do" list and trying hard everyday to check off the list hit so close to home! I agree with her that what I need is a list to help me be who I want to be, both for myself and others. Click on START BEING Monday Series to see other list of cool virtues we could emulate!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely song and photo! I'm suddenly feeling very inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! To have a Nomadic Samuel as visitor of my blog is an honor in itself! And so having this comment made me blush. Ahem. I am a huge fan of your blog (although I feel shy commenting). Glad to know you are inspired by the song and photo! Thank you so much.

      Delete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney