Saturday, June 23, 2012

Travel Memories: 7 Super Shots in New Zealand

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


Yeahey, I've been to New Zealand, the youngest country in the world! Another dream destination checked off my bucket list and I still can't believe how it all happened, how I was able to feed my wanderlust? Ah, you're right, I got really LUCKY! And with that luck, I came home with 5 shirts, boxes of chocolates as pasalubongtons of new friends, priceless memories, and drum roll --- thousands of photos! (I'm a shutterbug eh). 
Because I have taken too many photos (which by far the best souvenirs to take home for every traveler as the pics don't add up to our luggage allowance, even if we have hundreds of thousands of them!) , I thought of sharing my 7 Super Shots from among the photos I took while in New Zealand last May 31 - June 9, 2012 in the same fashion as that of last month's Hostelbookers' Photography Game!

(1) Photo That Takes My Breath Away  

Photo That Takes My Breath Away  

Long Bay Regional Park is a waterfront park with a kilometre-long sandy beach and a marine reserve, located in North Shore, now incorporated in Auckland Metropolitan Area, New Zealand. It was a cool, sunny day during our visit last June 7, 2012 so it takes my breath away seeing this picture taken from our car windows when we arrived!


(2) Photo That Makes Me Dream   

     Photo That Makes Me Dream       

Tupare Garden in New Plymouth, New Zealand is a beautifully landscaped garden on a hillside featuring a homestead and gardeners' cottage surrounded by majestic trees, water fountains and several plants in different settings. The place is so pretty that seeing this picture I took last June 4, 2012, while leaving the facility really makes me dream of someday being able to own such a beautiful home! (Check Related Blog EntryTravel NZ 2012: Tupare Gardens and Photo Ops)


(3) Photo That Makes Me Think                                         

Photo That Makes Me Think     

The lawyer in me always makes me want to visit courts of the place I am visiting, and being in Hamilton, New Zealand last June 1, 2012 was no exception. Good thing my host is a lawyer too so I had a chance to visit Hamilton District Courts which is only stones throw-away from their lovely house. Now every time I look at this picture it makes me think of the "role of lawyers in implementing and upholding the rule of law" ( which incidentally was the topic I spoke about as one of the panelists for this topic at the J. Reuben Clark Law Society Asia Pacific Conference)!

(4) Photo That Makes Me Laugh (Smile)                            

Photo That Makes Me Laugh (Smile) 

Well, there is actually nothing funny about the picture if you just look at its artistic appeal. In fact, it is one of those pictures that takes my breath away literally and otherwise, since I took it more than hundred steps away from the bottom of the Japanese Hillside Garden. So why do I consider this picture as one that makes me laugh?It is in the name of the park and the shape of the water fountain in the middle of the lake. Ok, enough said! haha. If you don't laugh, that's alright. At least I know you aren't green minded! lol!

  (5) Photo That Makes My Mouth Water      

                  Photo That Makes My Mouth Water                    

During my 9 days stay in New Zealand, I have actually sampled uber-tasty fine cuisine prepared by Kiwi chefs (those served during the lawyer's conference) and my Pinoy favorites like Sinigang na Hipon, Adobo, Palabok, lovingly served by my Filipino relatives and friends. All has satisfied my picky taste buds (and put added "love" handles hehe), but it is this hot chocolate served with blue cheese & ham frittata with herbs/greens as sides that makes my mouth water while it brings back memories of the cold afternoon in Auckland last June 7, 2012 simmering a taste of good life by the built-in fireplace!

(6) Photo That Tells A Story    

         Photo That Tells A Story   

For fans of J.R.R. Tolkien's books and Peter Jackson's movies, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbits', this "hobbit hole(or smial) which is the "traditional underground home of hobbits built in hillsides, downs, and banks with colorful round doors and windows" tells a story of  Frodo Baggins, the Hobbit and his struggles to protect the ring from being used by the evil powers. Watch the feature films "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" to be shown in December 2012 and in 2013 respectively for more stories behind this photo. (Check Related Blog Entry:Travel New Zealand 2012: Hobbiton of The Lord of The Rings Movie Set )           
               

(7) Photo That I Am Most Proud Of (a.k.a my worthy of National Geographic shot)                             

my worthy of National Geographic shot

Pukekura Park  in New Plymouth, New Zealand is a picturesque 52 hectares botanical garden in the heart of the city. It has a diverse range of landscapes, lakes, waterfalls, bush walks, themed gardens, children’s play areas, and a sports area, plus the adjacent Brooklands Park and Brooksland Zoo. Inside this premier park is the famous Poet's Bridge from where I took this picture that I believe is worthy of a National Geographic spotlight!                  

1 comment:

  1. he wrong action done at the wrong time spells disaster
    The right action done at the wrong time spells resistance
    The wrong action done at the right time spells mistake
    but The right action done at the right time spells a miracle Cheap Flights to Auckland | Flights to Auckland

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney