Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Travel Memories: My 7 Super Shots...

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


I am a self-confessed shutter bug (referred to by wikipedia  as an avid hobbyist in the field of amateur photography). As such I take delight in taking photographs of everyday life and common things as subjects during travel and vacation. I often found my photos unintentionally artistic and tell of many wonderful stories which deserves a National Geographic spotlight but didn't and it will still take a long shot before that happens (lol)! Well, there's no reason to sulk since I was tagged in this Hostelbookers 7 Super Shots game by an accomplished Engineer and co-Pinoy Travel Blogger, Bonzenti Panganiban of ConTour Blogwhere I get to share  7 photos that fit with the below categories! 

Here are my 7 Super Shots...

(1) Photo That Takes My Breath Away                              Related Blog Post: Seeing Sydney Opera House From Every Angle

The Opera House in Sydney, Australia from the Sydney Harbour Bridge

Literally, I sang Tom Cruise movie "Top Gun" theme song "Take my Breath Away" when I went up to the 200 stairs, 87 meters above sea level Pylon Lookout of the Sydney Harbour Bridge to capture this dramatic scene. But the drama didn't stop there! The Sydney Opera House, Australia's most recognizable and most photographed structure stood out amidst the fantastic view of the city, blue skyline, blue water of the Harbour, and this ship sailing along this world famous Australian icon whose roof is evocative of a ship at full sail - designed by renowed Danish architect - Jorn Utzon.

(2) Photo That Makes Me Dream                                       Related Blog Post: Hershey, Pennsylvania USA

"Luxury Begins With A Single Dream"-captioned by Mhe-anne L. Ojeda
During the 60 minutes Trolley Tour of Hershey Chocolate World in Hershey, Pennsylvania, I had a sweet education of Hersheys’ legacy and the inspiring story of Milton Hershey and his model town captured in this photo. A delight of my sweet tooth in this so - called "sweetest place of earth" led to my dreamy spell of making a fortune in the chocolate industry or just indulging in an abundance of my favorite uber sweet hugs and kisses ...chocolates

(3) Photo That Makes Me Think                                            
Related Blog Post: Hanging In Singapore Via Singapore Flyer: A One-Of -A-Kind Experience
"Taking Steps Towards Progress"- captioned by Mhe-anne L. Ojeda
While inside the 42-storey high wheel capsule called "Singapore Flyer", I was treated to a 360° visual feast of iconic and historical landmarks of Singapore at every turn, which tells me that Singapore is indeed a progressive country! It made me think of the possible steps we could lessen the heavy traffic jam and our dirty bays and water ways which hinder our country's progress.

(4) Photo That Makes Me Laugh (Smile)                        Related Blog Post: UK Winter 2012: Take 4 in Lincoln, England

"The Lincoln Imp sits immediately above the lighted bearded broken man's head in the spandrel of the arches." 

This photo always make me laugh as it reminds me of the earliest flying buttresses and gargoyle in the City of Lincoln, England named Lincoln Imp inside the Lincoln Cathedral. According to a 14th-century legend, two mischievous creatures called imps were sent by Satan to do evil work on Earth. While inside the Lincoln Cathedral, they smashed tables and chairs and tripped up the Bishop. When an angel came out of a book of hymns and told them to stop, one of the imps was brave and started throwing rocks at the angel but the other imp covered under the broken tables and chairs. The angel turned the first imp to stone giving the second imp a chance to escape." Lesson learned, don't be mischievous!

(5) Photo That Makes My Mouth Water                    Related Blog Post: Travel Memories Part II Fun In The Sun 

"Mountain High Eats" - captioned by Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

I am a picky eater and so for those times I don't feel like eating, I just look at this picture for a tasty solution! This was taken at a Sundeck resto atop Aspen Mountain in Aspen Colorado (USA) where I enjoyed a hearty meal while having spectacular views of the mountain. Natures at its best truly makes my mouth water!


(6) Photo That Tells A Story                                               Related Blog Post: US Summer 2011: Retracing Rizal's Travel In the East Coast

You can see and feel the power of the Niagara Falls  in this photo I took during the half - hour scenic Maid of the Mist boat tour. The titanic size and majestic cascades of the pounding waters of this world-renowned collective waterfalls - American Falls, Horseshoe Falls and Bridal Veil Falls tell a story of its beauty and its valuable source of hydroelectric power for two great nations - Canada and the United States!


(7) Photo That I Am Most Proud Of (a.k.a my worthy of National Geographic shot)                                                Related Blog Post: US Summer 2011: Paradisiacal Maroon Bells 

Most Photographed Maroon Bells consists of two fourteeners (over 14,000 feet ) Peaks 


To me a  postcard perfect photo is one that captures the three elements of sky, water and land! And I believe I have achieved that in this photo of the beautiful but deadly Maroon Bells in Snowmass (near Aspen) Colorado (USA)! The  sunny sky, craggy bells, lakes, wildflowers and meadows blended so well that even an amateur photographer like me have easily snapped tons of  worthy of National Geographic shots!                                    

****
With the honor of being tagged in this travel worthy game, is an equal honor to nominate five (5) of my Pinoy Travel Blogger friends to do their seven (7) Super Shots...

(1) Another shutterbug, wordsmith and wayfarer Ms. Rain Amantiad
(2)  The Backpackman himself, Anciro C. Romana

21 comments:

  1. That Niagara Falls photo just plain rocks! Very powerful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christian for checking. Have you done this Super 7 shots? if so I want to check it. If not I want to tag you. puede kaya? Thank you!

      Delete
  2. whoa, i like the 1st, 4th, and 6th photos. breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like these photos Chyng and thanks for checking. BTW, have you done this Super 7 Shots game? I want to check your link.If not sana puede kitang itag. Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. hello Mhe-anne.

    So powerful write-ups like Niagara Falls. I like also the photo no. 1, the Sydney Opera and the Photo no. 3, a photo that makes me think. Thank you for this post. I am also honored.:-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect shots!..you're definitely not a shutterbug, with those shots, ur a pro!...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coming from a pro photographer like you, i felt honored!btw, you have a wonderful travel blog with great photography. have you done the 7 super shots? if not yet, i want to tag you!puede kaya?thanks

      Delete
  5. wow..so breathtaking specially photo no. 6 but all are perfect!

    i just finished my basic photography class Sunday and looking at your images, you're not an amateur anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are awe-inspiring especially the last one. Everything's worthy to be postcards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice a feeling for every photo. It would make a good scrapbook too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. nice photos! you have really traveled almost the whole world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the second photo, the photo that makes me dream, is very beautiful and looks nostalgic. beautiful shot there, miss mhe-anne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats! you're shots are very good, really super . . . keep it up! I like #7 looks just so serene. I think I wanted to go there too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All great pictures. My fave is the 2nd, it looks almost surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. EVERYTHING is postcard-perfect! But my most favorite would have to be the Niagara falls. I was literally speechless and I can imagine the photo being blown up wall-sized! Great photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in deep awe with these shots! I find them all postcard worthy! I wish I can still craft and develop my photography skills i learned in college. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. super glad to know that all my shots are all postcard worthy! thanks Miss Genn. I'm sure you will be able to develop your photography skills by taking more shots.click click..

      Delete
  14. very nice photos. magaganda mga angles. ang labas tlga ung colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ms.Airra for the nice words on the photos. the colors is from picasa edit.

      Delete
  15. I got goosebumps seeing your up close and personal photo shot of the Niagara falls. Great shot, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Eihdra. I just took lots of pictures as the boat moves and glad i got a good one among the many!

      Delete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney