Monday, May 7, 2012

"START BEING" Monday Series: WILD

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


WILD ( i.e. be passionate, intensely vivid or loud, intense, and intensely enthusiastic about or showing great excitement and interest). Still part of my Papa's 60th week-long birthday celebration, we (papa, mama, Kuya Mike, Allan, James, Ian, Jay-M, Jay-A and Jojo) found ourselves among the 15, 183 crowd attendance inside Araneta Coliseum last May 2, 2012. It was  the Philippine Basketball Association  (PBA) Commissioner's Cup Finals Game 5 between B-MEG and Talk and Text which were tied at 2-2 best of 7 series
WILD! That was what my 7 - year old nephew Jay -A called me and described my actuation during the game. Shall I say I'm guilty as charged? haha. Well, Wild in a good way at least. I cheered loudly for B-MEG superstar guard James Yap's magical shots. I danced when my team was ahead. I shouted. I jumped. I let loosed my inner child. After almost two decades of not watching live basketball games, I am still as passionate with basketball as in the good old days - when I would even skipped classes (with parents' consent haha) just to watch my favorite team San Miguel and my favorite player Hector Calma played. I am such a huge (but short lol) basketball fan! So, I guess if I want to Stop Doing and Start Being WILD. I know where to go! 


How do you show your WILD side positively?

*This is part of a series of 2012 Monday post inspired by Leigh Anne Jasheway-Bryant's Stop DoingStart Being article on Family Circle Magazine April 1, 2005 issue. What she said about having so many "to-do" list and trying hard everyday to check off the list hit so close to home! I agree with her that what I need is a list to help me be who I want to be, both for myself and others. Click on START BEING Monday Series to see other list of cool virtues we could emulate!

7 comments:

  1. Basketball doesn't appeal much to me. I can't blame you for going wild because of PBA tho. Pinoys love basketball :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been the same if I was there. I can just imagine the energy and excitement during the basketball game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to watch Alaska way back in my high school days. But the passion died down already. Do you know that it's my first time to know that James Yap is in B-meg? Hahaha! Kaya pala ang daming fans ng B-meg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fan of PBA during my younger days and was even a member of the cheering squad for a team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could be wilder. I'm always so quiet and reserved. I suppose that would be very therapeutic if I just got out and let my hair down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way lalo na pag UAAP basketball na.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm wild sometimes, this look like really wild :0

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney