Monday, May 14, 2012

"START BEING" Monday Series: REWARDED

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda
REWARDED ( i.e. performing an approved behavior that is worthy of honor or conferring dignity). The Second Sunday of May (May 14, 2012) was Mother's Day, a celebration that honors mothers and motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. But although, I have not given birth yet to any child, I was greeted a Happy Mother's Day by texts, homemade cards, a flower and kisses by 10 of my 12 nieces and nephews  (i.e. eldest nephew is in England and didn't grow up with me and the youngest nephew is only 8 months old). 
Mitch (13 years old) - gave me the red rose, and a kiss.
Ian (12 years old) - who was vacationing in Bulacan texted "Tita salamat po ng marami. I love you po." 
Jay-M (11 years old) - gave me a kiss and greeted "Happy Mother's Day Tita"
James (11 years old) - who was vacationing in Bulacan texted "Tita thank you po sa lahat lahat. I love you po. Happy Mother's Day po" 
Kyle (8 years old) -  gave me a kiss and greeted "Happy Mother's Day Tita"
Jay-A  (8 years old) -  gave me a kiss and greeted "Happy Mother's Day Tita"
Shaznay- (6 years old) -  gave me a red "Happy Mother's Day" card she made in Primary class that says "Tita Happy Mother's Day. I love You!!!"
Frannie -(6 years old) gave me a red card with a heart sticker she made in Primary class that says "Tita Thank you dahil pinasyal mo kami sa Star City. I love You!!! Happy Mother's Day".
Shanara -(4 years old) gave me a red card with a heart sticker she made in Primary class that says "Tita Thank You po sa mga gamit ko at pag - aaral. Happy Mother's Day. I love You!!!"
Alliune(4 years old) gave me a big embrace and said "I Love You" then a kiss.


Was I touched? Deeply! I felt truly rewarded!!!

How do you  feel REWARDED for your efforts?

*This is part of a series of 2012 Monday post inspired by Leigh Anne Jasheway-Bryant's Stop DoingStart Being article on Family Circle Magazine April 1, 2005 issue. What she said about having so many "to-do" list and trying hard everyday to check off the list hit so close to home! I agree with her that what I need is a list to help me be who I want to be, both for myself and others. Click on START BEING Monday Series to see other list of cool virtues we could emulate!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney