Friday, April 20, 2012

Travel Memories (Part II): Fun In The Sun From F to J...

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

This is the second part of my Fun In The Sun series,  a sequel to the ABCDE of my favorite, fun summer activities over the years, as I travel around different countries - Aspen (Colorado) Summer Culture Immersion, Blueberries Picking in Sweden, Cruise Vacation in Northern Europe, Diving in Boracay (Philippines) and Easter Fun With Family. 

Now, Give it a go for FGHIJ...

F – Fantasize and Fantasmic in Disneyland 

Another memorable summer activity for me is something I can actually feel like a kid and forget the reality (of being old!) without guilt, just like what I did during the Flights of Fantasy  Parade in Hongkong Disneyland. When the lead cast dancers for Poohs Hunny Hunt asked for "kids" volunteers to be part of the parade dancers, I raised my hand (jokingly) and guess what? I was chosen! You think it is my height? (lol).  Earlier in US Summer 2000, I had my first trip to Disneyland in Los Angeles (USA) and enjoyed another F - the Fantasmic show on water! The music, the dancing, my new Disney friends and the real kids in this so -called Happiest Place On Earth made me feel like a child again. Oh, the joy of being a kid! 

GGold Rush in California (USA)
I spotted a golden opportunity during my US Summer 2011 trip when my former boss brought me to Coloma, California (USA), the kick - off site for the California's Gold Rush. While I didn't try my luck panning for gold along the banks of the American River where James Marshall discovered the yellow metal in a sawmill, I  stumbled upon the glittering wealth of knowledge about the forty-niners and the historic Coloma  inside  the Gold Discovery Museum! To me that's   more precious than gold!

            H – Hula Hooping Hooray in Aspen

Summer is all about experiencing life at 11, 212 feet and having a brave, fun-loving spirit hula hooping in public atop the Aspen Mountain in Rocky Mountains, Colorado (USA). Alright. I admit. I actually suck at hula hoop so twirling it around my waist and neck longer than a few seconds deserves the last hurrah!Hip Hip Hooray!! 

I – Island Hopping Around Caramoan
What better way to cool off the summer heat than going island hopping and dipping in the water while cruising around the clusters of ten beautiful islands of Caramoan in Camarines Surthe so called "Philippines Secret Paradise". With its real unblemished, awe inspiring islands strings and rock formations, my  islands adventure in Caramoan is still my unbeatable summer favorite!

– Jumping Craze in Dipolog & Dapitan

I welcomed this years' summer with my first ever trip to Dipolog and Dapitan in Zamboanga del Norte (Philippines) together with my oldest and youngest brothers! Oh boy! my brothers are jumping crazy and the summer sunset at the beach in these twin cities are great backdrops for our funny jumpshots. Not only we got our doze of exercise when jumping, we also got a cool, refreshing breeze off of the water in the early morning and evening. 

Part III - Fun In The Sun KLMNO...

16 comments:

  1. Walang tulak kabigin sa ABC TRAVEL adventureS u atty mheann;) F for fun A for adventure and W for wow amazing list! Luv reading ur post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the photos tell me one thing in common. Fun! Fun! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang saya naman po ng Bawat travel nyo...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love the concept.. i will keep posted for the completion of this series

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! It's so obvious Mhe-anne had so much fun on her every travel! I am so happy for you! You have the triangle of travel! I hope next time you'll have a raffle draw who gets to enjoy the trip with you all expenses paid! Yehey! ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had super fun reading your this post! Can't wait to read the rest of the ABCs!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always a treat to read your travel stories Ms. Mhe-Anne!! Haayy.. kelan kaya ako maggrant ng US visa noh -- sa 4th time na ba? ANyway, would love to experience your US tours na din, especially the real deal Disneyland! Honestly, kahit sa HKG di pa ako nakaka Disneyland..ehehe! And ok lang ba if I create my own ABC travel posts? Kaka-inspire to write just like you do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the idea dear!! the photos look so great as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember your ABCD post.at may tinuloy pa ha.. kainggit. I think I need to travel more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like you are really having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this series! Ate, wala po bang video ng naghuhula hoop kayo? Haha. Kidding. See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like this series Gay dear. your question kept me thinking - and i must say yea i do have a video. but since the theme is fun - i have to keep the video buried deep in Aspen Mountain haha..

      Delete
  12. hanga talaga me sa adventures mo!!!! sa list e Disneyland lang napuntahan ko hehe..
    ... ikaw din nag eedit photos mo? galing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gemma for checking the post! yea I edit my own photos in Picasa. The latest version has lots of easy to use editing tools eh..

      Delete
  13. I like your photos a lot as it shows happiness in everyone's faces. I'm looking forward to the rest of the alphabet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the hulahoop concept! may ganon? haha, brings out the kid in us ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney