Monday, April 2, 2012

"START BEING" Monday Series: PEACEFUL

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



PEACEFUL. (being at peace, without hostility, free from strife, calm, placid, restful, tranquil, serene, undisturbed, untroubled, unruffled)We live in the most troubled and chaotic times, so being peaceful both literally as in finding a serene, tranquil environment or symbolically as being at peace or calm within, could be a challenge. Glad there is a nationwide public holiday in the Philippines for the observance of Holy Week from April 5 - 8, 2012 which in Christianity is the religious holidays of Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday and technically excluding Easter SundayAnd since Araw ng Kagitingan (or "Day of Valour") is a declared national holiday annually on April 9, we have quite an extended holiday!  

For a traveler like me this is the best time to go around places. In fact, I designated it to visit Marinduque with Calaguas friends whom I met during Holy Week trip last year, but I chickened out realizing how crowded it would be to travel by ferry on a Holy Week.  Besides, I have been in Marinduque before so my only real incentive is enjoying the place one more time with good company. But sorry, the people rush and ferry ride dreaded me! The trip didn't bring peace as I think about it! 

Of course, I know that the mere fact of staying at home doesn't automatically translate to being peaceful  or making this week a Holy Week So I am hoping to start being peaceful by tuning out violent television programs at home, getting enough sleep, cleaning out my room of clutter, spending extra time to read the scriptures, and attending/ listening to messages during the LDS Annual Conference broadcast. I know that even in the most troubled times, the knowledge that Jesus Christ has atoned for our sins in Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary and that He lives can bring us peace and joy since  "RESURRECTION is now a reality and ETERNAL LIFE a possibility for all"


(*quoted excerpts from Elder Russel M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve, December 2011 issue of Liahona)

*This is part of a series of 2012 Monday post inspired by Leigh Anne Jasheway-Bryant's Stop DoingStart Being article on Family Circle Magazine April 1, 2005 issue. What she said about having so many "to-do" list and trying hard everyday to check off the list hit so close to home! I agree with her that what I need is a list to help me be who I want to be, both for myself and others. Click on START BEING Monday Series to see other list of cool virtues we could emulate!


7 comments:

  1. You start your Monday right...
    We should always be thankful for every morning and every evening whether it's a Monday.
    As we wake up, we are blessed. It's all up to us to make the day BRIGHT and HAPPY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with by simply uncluttering we get peace.. and I love the feeling afterwards! fresh, and ready to start anew! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a safe, solemn and peaceful Holy Week sis.. :) Happy Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sis, thanks for sharing your post.
    I really admire people who live with of peace mind, most especially in the holy week.
    Happy Easter, and God bless you and your family.

    P.S. I hope you can adjust the width of your blog post because your content pays a lot to the readers; you have terrific content sis.
    Also, try to use the embed comment system, so it will be more visible for the visitors and more enticing to leave a comment. Just my two cents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's something worth sharing and doing too, i wish you great things this lenten season and everyday :)

    Why do you pray?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, the season of lent could give us peace and serenity that we need in times of reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good start on a Monday. I hope you had meaningful lenten season last week.

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney