Monday, March 5, 2012

"START BEING" Monday Series: JOYFUL

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



JOYFUL (i.e. being full of high spirited delight, pleasing, satisfying, charming, enjoyable). You will know what makes me joyful during my trip to Alton, Utah last January 24-27, 2012 by watching the above video on You Tube entitled "Mhe-Anne's Trip To Snow Country" that was put together and uploaded by my host, former boss and good friends couple Jim and Bonnie Pollock. The place is just so awesome and cozy with their beautiful A - Frame Chalet houses, a summer vacation rental well equipped for a great family summer reunion and bonding trips. To me though, I love the place just the same in the winter so I can play with snow




There is something in the snow that brings out the child in me  - snow jump, snow angel, shoveling for fun, being a snow bunny (with my white clothes on), being greeted "HOWDY" with a yodel (or yoddle) and meeting wonderful people in this quaint little town in Utah, near Cedar City. There seems to be no end to joy  as I explore the place and laugh at my foibles. Being here made me realize that being joyful is my stamp of individuality like the WHOA sign for residents of Alton, Utah!




*This is part of a series of 2012 Monday post inspired by Leigh Anne Jasheway-Bryant's 
Stop DoingStart Being article on Family Circle Magazine April 1, 2005 issue. What she said about having so many "to-do" list and trying hard everyday to check off the list hit so close to home! I agree with her that what I need is a list to help me be who I want to be, both for myself and others. Click on START BEING Monday Series to see other list of cool virtues we could emulate!

6 comments:

  1. Nice project! Sana magtuloytuloy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great motivation and inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love snows. The nearest next to our house is the Big Bear Mountain and when we got there, I transformed into a kid playing all around the palce. Firt time eh! Hehehe. But I really had fun and pag-uwi ko ng Pinas, gusto ko na naman pumunta sa may snow. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love snows. The nearest next to our house is the Big Bear Mountain and when we got there, I transformed into a kid playing all around the palce. Firt time eh! Hehehe. But I really had fun and pag-uwi ko ng Pinas, gusto ko na naman pumunta sa may snow. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dito naman ang init. Buti pa dyan may snow. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your outfit! Ready for the snow ah! Very inspirational post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney