Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Watching US Major League Baseball For The First Time!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



When my prince got us tickets to watch a US Major League Baseball game as part of our 4th anniversary as sweethearts, I must admit my heart thumps! Yes, it was my first time to watch a baseball game, but honestly it wasn't the main reason for the excitement.  



The hush was at the thought of standing tall like Drew Barrymore in the movie  Fever Pitch  and having the Yankee Stadium  in New York City (USA) as backdrop and the thousands audience of New York Yankees versus Seattle Mariners as witness for that movie - like proposal. But as you could guess I didn't win a seat in history haha! 




Well that is really no reason to sulk. Even without the popping the question part, watching  baseball with my prince last July 26, 2011 is one of the reasons why I had a blast while in the US last summer.



Baseball is a bat - and - ball sport played between two teams of nine players each. The aim is to score runs by hitting a thrown ball with a bat and touching a series of four bases arranged at the corners of a ninety-foot diamond.  




The baseball craze hit the New York metropolitan area in the mid-1850s. Since then, baseball became the "national pastime" or "national game" of Americans like basketball to Pinoys. Ergo, having an American boyfriend means sometimes I had to take a back seat when my prince fave team plays. Well, not when I was with him watching the game! 




Seattle Mariners  is  my prince favorite baseball team. That day we were hoping to see the Mariners try to snap their 16-game losing streak. Well, I didn't have a first timer's luck. Again? haha.  

14 comments:

  1. I really not into sports but I do watch sporting events when I get the chance. I like the energy of the crowd specially when the games gets hotter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MLB will start next week. Preparing for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you for watching the baseball .I am still hoping to see the game live too .one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh! gusto ko talaga makapanood ng any baseball league in real.. ;( baseball is one of my fave sports..i even play it until now na nasa medschool na ako.. ;|

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooohhhh... lucky lucky you!!! Well, you have your prince and it's your 4th anniversary... never mind the Mariners! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched baseball live even once..And I envy you for having this chance to watch this LIve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was in highschool, baseball is my favorite sports. I am missing those days while reading your post! Yay! SO cool. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. baseball game is popular in other countries it is not here in my countries

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a well-traveled person Ma'am :) I admire your posts. I am not into baseball but I've tried that sport when I was still young. The bat is quite heavy to swing..

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not my cup of tea but I like watching it with my boyfriend! :) Like as yours how sweet of your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sure looks like fun. Baseball is definitely all-american

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could watch baseball someday too. Hindi kasi sikat dito eh

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've always wanted to watch a baseball game. hopefully very soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney