Monday, March 26, 2012

"START BEING" Monday Series: MIRTHFUL

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

MIRTHFUL (i.e. being merryfull of gladness, gaiety or showing high-spirited merriment or laughter.) I'll tell you one little secret. The name that appears on my passport is Merry Ann (coz my grandfather made a mistake in the spelling on my Birth Certificate during registration), while my professional name appearing on the Attorney's Roll is Mary Ann. I am of course planning on adopting just one name through a legal process. But in the meantime, I use my passport name Merry Ann with anything that concerns travel or out of the country matters (i.e. airline tickets & frequent flyer) and the name Mary Ann for legal stuff/legal representation. I take credit to my name Merry for reminding me to always be happy and to  relieve the pressure of the experience like parting or saying goodbye to my prince after every vacation. Instead of being sad while at the airport, we used the time to take photos of us together using self-timer on my camera and excitedly check how the picture turns out!  Guess, we scored merry on the above pic! 


*This is part of a series of 2012 Monday post inspired by Leigh Anne Jasheway-Bryant's 
Stop DoingStart Being article on Family Circle Magazine April 1, 2005 issue. What she said about having so many "to-do" list and trying hard everyday to check off the list hit so close to home! I agree with her that what I need is a list to help me be who I want to be, both for myself and others. Click on START BEING Monday Series to see other list of cool virtues we could emulate!

10 comments:

  1. Hey Mhe-Anne! As always, I love your attitude. You always make every situation into something positive. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to know that you've experienced the merry with your mirthful man.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post. nakakawala ng nega vibes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buti naman di ka nagkaproblema sa pag take ng bar with the inconsistencies in your name. =)

    Be Merry! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really merry! And sana ganyan din ako hayz! Hawaan mo naman po ako ng pagiging merry mo po!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have here an affidavit that states that two name of a particular person is one and the same individual.. i hope you will have no problem in the future concerning that MERRY and MARY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry day to you Mary. It's a mirthful post you have in here. thanks for posting positive views of life. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I have a new vocabulary: MIRTHFUL.

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney