Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tastee Sub Shop: What's the Fuss?

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

While staycationing in Piscataway, New Jersey, USA for a whole month (December 23, 2011 - January 22, 2012), we often passed by this tiny eatery located in 267 Plainfield Avenue Edison, New Jersey (USA) called  Tastee Sub Shop. 
Almost always, I found lots of cars parked outside this nondescript yet renowned sandwich shop which does take - out from 9am to 11pm, although it also has few tables for dine - in customers. Like me, I'm sure you are wondering why this little place is making a big fuss among patrons? 
Well,  Tastee Sub Shop has been in business since 1963 so that's a track record to boast. But the real crowd drawer according to my prince are its freshest, best tasting, monster cold subs  where the most expensive is $9.08 for a whole of beef or turkey. Too bad, I am not a huge sandwich person so that didn't get my attention much! So, why I am even writing about it? Am I just messing around? Definitely not.
Well, if you have clicked on the first link you'll know why. But to cut the chase, I'll spill the beans for you! Tastee Sub Shop  is actually the same sub shop where US President Barack Obama made a pit stop to grab lunch and staged a photo-opp with small business owners last July 28, 2010!
That's right, the US commander - in - chief was at the Tastee Sub Shop for about 20 minutes, ordered half a sandwich and chatted with locals about ways Congress can aid small businesses and tax breaks. 
But that was two years ago! Do you think it is the "Obama effect that is causing the rave  now? or is it Tastee Sub Shop's exceptional  record of customer service and  its tastee sandwiches?  What say ye?

15 comments:

  1. i would like to think the patrons keep coming back for the subs...i'll do that too if i love the food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making me so hungry right now @@

    ReplyDelete
  3. so that's the fuss ... at least you got to try it diba?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. It is my first time to know about Tastee Sub Shop. We do not have it here in Sweden.

    I do not really know what to say as I haven't tasted any of their food. It might be big now because of Obama's visit. I'm am getting curious here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I think it must be their track record since they've been in the business for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its the product and not obama hehe. Kung masarap dadayuhin talaga

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is the Obama Effect they want to emulate what Obama had ordered during his pit stop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For sure the subs taste remarkably good that patrons keep coming back for more....

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, to have Obama as your endorser, you'll definitely have a lot of customers and curious bees around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be really tastyyyyyyyy :)) I LOVE SUBS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ..so this must be like a 'drive thru' ng McDo or Jolibee? ;o

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe the sandwiches are really good? :) If I get the chance to go there, I'd try their sandwiches too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both probably? Obama's stopover increased customer traffic, and their delicious food kept those customers coming back for more. I think.

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney