Wednesday, August 17, 2011

TRUCK STOP Feature: Take 4 Northern Indiana (USA)

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


I Love Truck Stops! In the United States, the approximately 10,000 of these commercial facilities for motorists and truck drivers do not only provide fuel, parking, and food but in most cases are travel centers. Yay! to my delight as a traveler! With all the brochures,maps and tourist information available at no cost, it is easy to plan for my next trip while literally heading to a wonderful adventure. 


So while my prince was filling up the tank and our soda containers, I was filling up my  Northern Indiana "wish list" (I call that "fair" lol).  


As home to 101 Lakes, glacier -formed Indiana Dunes and the second - largest Amish population, Northern Indiana offers a year-round of activities for everyone. My personal TAKE 4, howeverinclude the world's best, the largest, the iconic and the sweetest! 
  
1   Take a  free tour of Albany Candy Factory, home of the "world's best gummi candies" in Route 30 in Merrillville, Indiana. OMG! I love Gummi bears and all gummies, and I am psyched that I can watch the manufacture of this sweet chewy candies in Indiana!. 

 Attend the Marshall County Blueberry Festival, Indiana's largest-four day festival happening on a US Labor Day Weekend (August 31-September 1-3). Along with chocolate and gummi bears, blueberries are my favorites! Do you remember this post on picking up blueberries in Sweden? The Marshall County Blueberry Festival in Plymouth, Indiana offers a wide assortment of blueberries including pies, cheese cake, donuts and great blueberry ice cream.

 Kick - start our tour of Northern Indiana by visiting the iconic Golden Dome and famed football stadium of the University of Notre Dame  in South Bend, IndianaAs a football buff, guess I've got my prince's attention with this one (and score a surprised ticks to watch the game!) ! Built in 1930, Notre Dame Stadium is oldest and maybe the most renowned college football facility in the United States. And Now, with 80,795 seating, it could also be the most up-to-date! 

 Enjoy another sweet experience involving my uber fave chocolates with a factory tour and museum experience at the South Bend Chocolate Company and Factory! Not only I can learn, sample (and take home!chocolates, but I can also have fun knowing the interesting things at the museum. Yay! another "LOVE" to add up to my list!

17 comments:

  1. This is what I love about blog hopping...I am not a well traveled person, blogpost like this serves as my window to the world.

    Keep on blogging and inspiring others.

    Been here from FBW FB group

    its me,
    cielo of My Point of ViewA

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Wow kasi wala akong masabi, hehe. Kelan kaya ako makakarating samga lugar na yan? ehem ehem. Anyway highway, ingat lang po kayo lagi, ang more byahes to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ate Mhe, kainggit naman ang mga US tours mo. Wew, sama ako sa maleta mo haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ikaw talaga Edmar. Nagkataon lang andun ang love of my life ko!sana nga makapagsulat pa ako dami kong backlogs - summer and winter sa US so 3 months worth haha.inuna ko lang Indiana para lumabas ang new label hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cielo thanks for dropping by! and Paliits glad to have you as my follower. I'll follow you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow usa. can't wait to get there if given the opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss travelling :( i envy your travels and tours.. Looks like you really had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting and very informative post. I might not be able to be in this place but somehow, if my friends and I will be talking about Indiana, I'll be able to share something becuase I've been here in this post.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never been to South Bend yet, but I was able to visit the Amish Country in Winter in Indy, I do love the Amish Country and the buggy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hindi pa kami naka visit ng Indiana! parang interesting ung place! ... kaso checking mapquest that's about 20 hours! whew!!!.. lucky you to be traveling palagi!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow.. enjoy your trucking. i wish i can experience that too..


    LiLPiNK
    LiLPiNK
    LiLPiNK

    ReplyDelete
  12. May dear my Indiana girl! I was actually thinking you must have been in many Northern Indiana tourist places since Eric is from there. Lucky you. I have different TAKE on places so thought of this series thingy.My post can be shorter and I can finish my backlog a lot faster haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. luv'd ur trucking experence and interesting wishlist ms meanne...stay safe on the road poh and enjoy the trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trucking.What an interesting travel experience.Very nice siguro ma experience yung mga stops. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love going to the museum. It sounds like boring when you heard the word museum, some people says it's dead boring going there the truth is NOT BORING! Loads of facts and information and things you can only see and learn in the museum which is the greatest experience. Have a happy and lovely trip for your next stops.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You gave me a different opinion about truck stops ha. Normally, I'd associate it with child kidnapping and getting raped kasi that's what I read on the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmm Kathy.didn't know truck stops have that kind of reputation.

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney