Monday, April 30, 2012

"START BEING" Monday Series: INFORMED

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



INFORMED. (being knowledgeable and educated). Awhile ago, we watched the State of the Nation Address by Jessica Soho in GMA News TV Channel 11 from 9pm to 10pm. One of the segment during the airing was Ms. Kara David's Pasalubong  ( Tagalog word which literally means "something meant for you when you welcome me back"  and can be any gift or souvenir brought for family, loved ones, or friends after being away for a period of time or any gift given by someone arriving from a distant place). I learned that bringing Pasalubong is one of the most distinctive and widely practiced Filipino traditions of which I embraced. I now have more than a hundred of  stuffed toys from different countries, tee-shirts, caps, knick knacks, postcards, bills and coins as Pasalubong so I was interviewed and featured as stuffed toy collector in this segment!




*This is part of a series of 2012 Monday post inspired by Leigh Anne Jasheway-Bryant's Stop DoingStart Being article on Family Circle Magazine April 1, 2005 issue. What she said about having so many "to-do" list and trying hard everyday to check off the list hit so close to home! I agree with her that what I need is a list to help me be who I want to be, both for myself and others.Click on START BEING Monday Series to see other list of cool virtues we could emulate!

14 comments:

  1. wow at napa wow tlga ako jan! Thanks for sharing this po! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. very informative site. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I envy you for being featured in Soho's show. I just love her shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, too bad coz can't view the video. It's says it's private. But then, congrats for being featured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh is that the effect of being private? i thought if i'm the one who shared it, the video can be viewed by anyone who is my friend.maybe i should set it in public. thanks for informing me!!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for posting the video. I missed this on TV, glad to see it online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jessica soho! nice one! congrats girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwww you were on TV! The gifts/pasalubongs are well kept, hats off to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! paano nila nalaman na may that much ka collection? ang dami sobra! pede ka na mag tayo ng shop!!! luv it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was referred to the researcher by two travel bloggers who know that i have different kinds of collections from stuffed toy, t-shirts, caps, postcards, bills, coins. but my t-shirt collection one closet full was not shown on the segment hehe..

      Delete
  9. congratz for being featured on TV! the hobby of collecting things is really an investment..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am congratulating my favorite Attorney in the world, Atty Mhe-Anne for being featured. Naks naman, at another naks. Support ako dyan palagi Atty. Congrats congrats.....Glad to be here again in your site. Been busy in the last few weeks. :-).

    ReplyDelete
  11. It took me twice the length of your uploaded video to finish it. Nagba-buffer kasi but anyways, congrats to you for your quite long exposure on SONA of Jessica Sojo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have travelled a lot! and all those stuff toys...lol! I collect bells, although I am not much of a traveller but all my friends who do knows what to bring for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney