Wednesday, February 15, 2012

143 Journeys: I Heart MAP!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda
“It is not down in any map; true places never are.” – Herman Melville 

Alright Valentines Day is over.But I'm sure you will agree with me that Love is here to stay. And because I am in love (being crafty) and love (to give in to my dear readers request), I'm showing you what's really inside my HEART (after you had a glimpse of it in this heart post and heart quotes clues all over this post. 
 Traveler’s heart
, Never settled long in one place
, Like a portable fire   -Basho (1644-1694)
I will spill the beans!  I HEART MAP or  LOVE YOU MAP is a heart-shaped box containing heart-shaped maps of all the places where my prince, whose name's initial is MAP(Did you notice that? If not scroll up to go to picture 1 for his full name!) have been!


Philippines
“The map is not the territory.” – Alfred Korzybski


Europe
 “Love travels, the miles, upon the wings of angels. Love finds you, I swear it's true, and I will love you from here.” Kathy Mattea

 Asia
 “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag






 United States
 Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, “I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.” -Lisa St. Aubin de Teran




Where To Next?
 "I am going away with him to an unknown country where I shall have no past and no name, and where I shall be born again with a new face and an untried heart." -Sidonie Gabrielle Colette

Notes: 


1) Not Yet Finished (I forgot to include Cagayan de Oro yet coz pics didn't turn out well).
2) Bold red names of places are picasa text and do not appear on  my actual heart-shaped maps
3) Maps are from my several complimentary airline magazines that I hoard during my trips. Special thanks to Smile Magazine (Cebu Pacific Airlines), Mabuhay Magazines (Philippine Airlines), Sky Magazine (Delta Airlines), Northwest Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Lufthansa Airlines, Tiger Airways among others.

Source of inspiration for this post:


1) some of the quotes I found in Travel Quotes. others in the net but not sure where. 
2. The lovely Map O' Love Memory Journal on How Does She website was the inspiration to say it out loud and share!



4 comments:

  1. Cute!! galing naman you've been to a lot of places already! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all the I-heart map you have, I can always say I-heart Philippines! No place like home.

    Mhar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I also would love to travel the world like you :) hopefully someday :)

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney