Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter Travel 2012: Knitted Hooded Mufflers

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


Packing For Winter Travel can be a daunting task if you are to pack "light" and still wanna make sure you've got everything to fight that freezing temperature while on the go -  at least some head and neck covering to go with the coat. So you pick some scarf  that can protect neck and throat against chilly winds and a fur hat that can block the winds and protect the ears against the bitter cold. Good enough, except that you can only take a couple of scarves and that fur hats!
I didn't have the same problem this time when I found out about Knitted Hooded Mufflers!  These are neck scarfs and hats - in - one made of knitted fabrics. I tell you, whoever thought of this or set this trend must be godsend. It has solved my winter packing problem!

I love Knitted Hooded Mufflers! They are thick but not heavy, so I brought All five that I got for only P380 total, at the Christmas Bazaar in Quezon City Circle (pink and green- P70 each, while maroon, gray and white P80 eachand still able to pack "light
coz  they didn't take much space in my medium size luggage! 
   They are super soft, comfortable touch feeling but guaranteed to provide the 
warmth and comfort on a cold day.They are also simple and yet attention getting as an adornment for my jogging suit on somewhat warm days. 
And because I was able to bring various colors, they are easy to match with my clothes, allowing me to create a super cute fashion while still blocking 
the chilly winds off my head and neck!
Lastly, knitted hoods work double duty - they're great for more layers under my hooded shirts and sometimes the hood can be worn as a scarf for thicker layer under the throat! 




22 comments:

  1. Too bad the bazaar is no longer available :(( I have no winter clothes at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atty. Congrats. Dot Com ka na rin pala. MAginaw na dyan. MAginaw na nga rin dito sa amin. kelan ba uwi mo? pasalubong ko ha. yong bonnet lang. hehehe. :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aleah dear, may mga hooded mufflers sa Trinoma except that one piece is P380 unlike in the Bazaar!for winter clothes at least get a nice long wind resistant black coat and a durable knee high leather black boots that could go with any outfit. you can score a nice coat and shoes at the Ukay shops in Quezon City. they are still a little much (P500 for a really nice branded boots but well they are P5,000 regular price). for the rest just layers your long sleeves sweatshirts.and don't forget to get pairs of jeggings (jeans and leggings in one) at Greenhills for P250!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i bought my own .dot com from Go Daddy for only $1.18 during the promo. it was so cheap that i bought three dot.coms!sige hanap tayo ng male bonnet here which you can use sa next winter haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Mhe, I think you have these hooded mufflers in all colors! Bagay naman...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey May! these are all the colors at the bazaars (last five pieces) so my kuya said to buy them all! good i headed to his advice as the more the warmer haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a find! It really is so difficult to pack light when you're doing winter travel. I remember my down jacket already occupied half of my backpack when we traveled in China during winter. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ang ku-cute ng mga suot mo mam. very nice collection :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate winter.You can't go out without the winter protection .i like your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. should have read this before our trip to Hong Kong last February. it got very cold when we were there and I only had a jacket and a thin scarf on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I also want to wear winter clothes to bad we don't have that season here in the Philippines hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh I love scarf! I like those massive knitted though there heavy but looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like you scarf. You look lovely on your scarf. I love those knitted although there quiet heavy but it okay it's part of the fashion of winter look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great share. I love the snow only when I'm looking from inside our house. It just looks pretty. Except everytime we go out it just makes me freeze badly. I could bundle up but I feel like I am choking and all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what you're wearing in the photo. Sana may winter din sa Pinas, para fashionable din kame. Chos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute mufflers! we dont have those winters here kaya di ako makapag suot ng ganyan...

    ReplyDelete
  17. my mom bought two hooded mufflers last January at SM Cebu, one for me and for hers..but since cannot use them as often as i could, i just gave it back to her last Feb..

    ..i didn't know you're also a fashionable lawyer Atty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh i haven't seen this comment Gay dear till now! you're right. i super love the knitted mufflers coz very light and easily folded but thick! have fun on the RTW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you @ Paliits, @Tess, @Jaymee, @ Rc Gweniful for the comments. The last thing i know is to become fashionable. but with my US winter trip and these knitted hooded mufflers, I suddenly had the fashion sense! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you @Travellers Confession, @Angela, @ Clint, @ Yuuki, and Gagay. Yea initially you would have thought the knitted mufflers are very thick and could work only in winter. but really they aren't heavy at all.you can use it even inside the house if you don't like to turn on the fireplace during winter (angela) and even going to Baguio, Tagaytay and Sagada!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love scarves! Malamig kasi sa office namen kaya kelangan may ganito ako lagi. I get my stash in ukay-ukay or sa landmark. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney