Monday, January 9, 2012

"START BEING" Monday Series: BRAVE

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

BRAVE (i.e. confident fortitude or daring that actively faces or endures anything threatening). Name your biggest fear and take one small step toward doing the thing you fear! And that's exactly what I did last December 17, 2011.  I am totally scared of modeling in front of many people (because ya know I'm short and the exact opposite "models" stereotypes - tall and pretty!).  But during the Deparo Ward Christmas Party, I was reminded of another kind of models - the "role models" (persons who serves as an examples of a good trait!) Several families including the Ojeda Family were asked to walk in the ramp as models for righteousness.  Whooah! I felt tall and had fun with the experience!!




What is your biggest fear and how did you overcome the fear?



*This is part of a series of 2012 Monday post inspired by Leigh Anne Jasheway-Bryant's Stop DoingStart Being article on Family Circle Magazine April 1, 2005 issue. What she said about having so many "to-do" list and trying hard everyday to check off the list hit so close to home! I agree with her that what I need is a list to help me be who I want to be, both for myself and others. Click on START BEING Monday Series to see other list of cool virtues we could emulate!

8 comments:

  1. good values are important than having beauty with bad attitude

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a fear sleeping just beside the ocean sea or lake or whatever you call it. I'm scared going to those countries that have records or earthquake almost everyday like indonesia and japan. not that so fear of them but just thinking! you rock that catwalk dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. To model for righteousness sounds good. I am so happy for you!

    I used to walk the ramp. Presenting the creations of brilliant fashion designers is such a good feeling. But well, that was a long time ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we should always set a good example for others to emulate not our character but the good deeds we do and pay it forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on conquering one of your fears. uhmmm, i think i have conquered one of my fears, too.. going to court! hehehe! i still get nerves when i have hearings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What makes this more fun is that you guys did it together with your family :D it's like conquering fears together! My fear? Hm, bumjee jumping! I wanna try it someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ..I really love this blog posting series..very inspirational..

    ..yeah! Ok! I will!

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney