Thursday, January 5, 2012

143 Journeys: Celebrating Our 4 1/2 Years Together!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda
Alright 4 1/2 years does not seem to be a milestone in a relationship for many, but it is to me. Glad my prince took me on a date to celebrate it!


Oh yea, we go on dates weekly since I am vacationing here in the US. But since today is a Thursday,  I was still surprised that my prince came home early with a plan - a Tex-Mex restaurant and Tom Cruise movie - Mission Impossible! 

Jose Tejas  is one of my prince's favorite Tex-Mex restaurants and it is now my fave too!  It has a festive mood, authentic feel (maybe Texas or Mexico not sure coz I haven't been in both), gas lamps with real flames and great mix of music from old time country to modern and 50's rock and roll.

And of course, I love Jose Tejas because of many different mexican food on the menu, which are delicious (coz a bit spicy!) and come in large quantities. They also give free chips and salsa while waiting for our order and oh boy, the salsa tasted so good, perfect for my shrimp order even! I also love the huge glasses for the drinks (and noticed my prince didn't have to ask for refills constantly!)

Yea, Jose Tejas is not the typical quiet romantic evening date places, but I like it nonetheless. Reminds me of law school days with that bar "feel" and my root beer is  bottled like real "beer"! (rhyme huh!). 
And to complete the evening, from Jose Tejas we went to Loews (Theater) to see my fave Tom Cruise movie Mission Impossible 4! It was a great movie to say the least. I love it! 

And I love my prince! I appreciate the simple but fun celebration just like the beginning of days  in Greenhills resto and Transformer movie. I'm sure my prince didn't realize (until now), but we have recreated our first date ever! Love it!!

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Youre very lucky that you have a prince charming who inspires you in all your travels, as much as i like to travel RTW but i have a limited resources.Hope to travel more in the coming years also. Also id like to meet you in person.
    Neneng

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment Neneng. i wish you good luck in your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a LOT of food for two people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 4 and 1/2 years! That's a great achievement, I think. Nowadays, it's vene hard to reach one year! Congratulations to both of you. More years, to come!

    Wow Mexican food. I have not tried any Mexican food yet, but I do want to try their tacos, if I am not mistaken. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are serious travellers. All the best for the both of you.

    Sorry I'm not keen on American food it's too heavy for me. Hanggan tikim lang ako.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very happy to hear that you and your husband is going strong and happier than before. Its an achievement to reach that far in a relationship. Me and my boyfriend is already in our 3rd year and hoping for many many years to come! Wish you all the happiness in life and more travels to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy princess you are! Lucky you! Congratulations! Rootbeer for more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inggo, you are keen to notice the tons of food and i agree it is too much for two people. we actually took home on a doggie bag more than half of it. the good thing we only pay for at least a half-worth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Mei and Novie. yea 4 1/2 years are long to be in a relationship as boyfriend-girlfriend. we hope we would soon be husband and wife like you too were assuming in your comments haha.thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jenny and Enzo for the well wishes. I feel lucky to have him as my prince coz i love to be called a princess traveler eh! (just kidding).I am grateful for the years we've together and the many years ahead of us, hopefully as a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tex-Mex restaurants = LOVE!
    Btw, I love your pink gloves, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Chilipina for dropping by! the pink gloves are my prince gift for Christmas! keeps me warm both literally and emotionally haha..

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was a really nice " first date" so to speak! Congrats to u both and many more happy years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your anniversary sis! :) It's so nice that you both get to travel a lot, somehow it's a great way to strengthen your relationship while learning and having fun.. :) Cheers to a stronger relationship and more adventures to come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a very nice place! I would love to visit this place also.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, congratulations to the both of you. Hoping that your relationship would last forever =)

    I missed dining at Tex-Mex restos here in Manila ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney