Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Celebration: 100 Things I Am Thankful For!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



True, I have previously written that Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada and not nationally celebrated in the Philippines. But Americans or not, we ought to give thanks since it is a commandment by our Heavenly Father in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ("In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you").

So as and by way of celebrating Thanksgiving Day, I take the challenge to count my blessings! John Hilton III and Anthony Sweat in Liahona December 2011 issue, suggested to list 100 Things You Are Thankful For by breaking those things by 10s.

Ten (10) Physical Abilities I Am Grateful For

One of the great blessings I received when I came to earth is a physical body which was endowed with special gifts, talents and abilities. I am grateful that:

1. I can travel.
2. I can blog and write.
3. I can lead a group.
4. I can scuba dive.
5. I can play chess and scrabble.
6. I can parasail.
7. I can sing.
8. I can swim.
9. I can do river rafting.
10.I can dance.

Ten (10) Material Possessions I Am Grateful For

1. Passport with Visas to the United States, United Kingdom, Schengen countries, Australia, China, South Korea.
2. SUVs to make traveling easier.
3. House and Lot.
4. Watches.
5. Dresses and Shoes.
6. Bank Accounts.
7. Law Office.
8. Books (Own for royalty, and those books as tools of the trade).
9. Investment Funds.
10.Appliances.

Ten (10) Living People I Am Grateful For

1. My loving and supportive parents.
2. My bestfriend Dearie.
3. My caring boyfriend Mark Poff.
4. My family (brothers, sisters-in-laws, and 12 nieces and nephews).
5. My extended families (Ojeda and Lavarro clans).
6. My LDS Friends (mission companions,childhood friends and Office of General Counsel Colleagues and Deparo Ward Family).
6. My very reliable driver - Jojo Bautista.
7. My J. Reuben Clark Law Society members.
8. My unselfish generous couch surfing friend in Brunei - Jonathan Beveridge
9. My High School Friends, College Girlfriends, Law School Friends and colleagues.
10.My Pinoy Travel Bloggers new friends and acquaintances.

Ten (10) Deceased People I Am Grateful For

1. Prophet Joseph Smith
2. Pres. Gordon B.Hinckley.
3. Dr. Jose Rizal.
4. Uncle Ramon Ojeda
5. Grandpa Eulogio Ojeda.
6. Grandma Modesta Ojeda.
7. Grandpa Luis Lavarro.
8. Uncle Isagani Lavarro.
9. Uncle Wilfredo Ojeda.
10.Friend Leni Pelobello.


Ten (10) Things About Nature I Am Grateful For

1. Sunrise.
2. Sunset.
3. Trees.
4. Beaches.
5. Waterfalls.
6. Rivers.
7. Mountains.
8. Tropical Climate.
9. Snow.
10.Sunshine.

Ten (10) Things About Today I Am Grateful For

1. Chatting with Mark.
2. Mark sending a ticket reservation for our trip in Germany and a hotel reservation in Munic Germany for five days.
3. Getting My UK visa after a day's wait (although I was advised I will get it in 3-5 days!).
4. Being issued a World All-Risk Travel Insurance instead of an insurance required for Schengen countries in just 30 minutes.
5. Getting a Schengen visa interview schedule at the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany for a Monday schedule.
6. Having an hour body massage and half - hour foot spa at Tonton's Massage in Greenhills.
7. Being able to park at a private parking space in Annapolis Greenhills.
8. Having a reliable and dependable driver who helped me do no. 3 to 7 on time!
9. Getting a court decision on the Annulment case of a friend client who is wanting to marry.
10.Having kuya Mike as a paralegal who juggles his time to do all the office stuff including getting a copy of the court decision!


Ten (10) Places On Earth I Am Grateful For

1. Philippines' Beaches.
2. Utah's Salt Lake Temple, General Conference Center and Church facilities.
3. Niagara Falls.
4. Great Wall of China.
5. Paris Eiffel Tower.
6. Australia's Opera House.
7. Historic Kirtland (Ohio, USA).
8. Historic Palmyra (New York, USA)
9. Sweden's Royal Palace.
10.Homey New Jersey.

Ten (10) Modern Inventions I Am Grateful For

1. Computer (Laptop, Netbook, Deskstop).
2. Cellphones.
3. Telephones.
4. Refrigerator.
5. Hair Dryer.
6. Electric Chair Massager and foot massager.
7. Airplanes.
8. Cars.
9. Television.
10.Oven.

Ten (10) Foods I Am Grateful For

1. Chocolates.
2. Shrimp and Crabs.
3. Pesto Pasta.
4. Watermelon.
5. Ice cream and Yogurt.
6. Korean Ramen (kimchi noodle).
7. Sprite or 7-Up.
8. Gummi Bears.
9. Chicken Wings.
10.Chowking Lomi.

Ten (10) Things About The Gospel I Am Grateful For

I can't imagine what my life would be like without the blessings of the gospel and I am grateful each day for the blessings of:

1. A true knowledge that God is our Heavenly Father.
2. The full gospel of Jesus Christ.
3. Opportunity to become a famiy forever through Family Home Evenings.
4. Temple Marriage and sealings that are binding on earth as well as in heaven.
5. A true prophet and church leaders to guide.
6. Opportunities for service to others.
7. The Book of Mormon and other scriptures (Bible, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price)
8. Sunday School.
9. The Priesthood.
10.Relief Society.

How about you?What are your 100 Things You Are Grateful For?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney