Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blog Birthday Post: Deplaned In Fifteen (15) of the Top 20 Busiest Airports!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

"My Comings and Goings" blog is three years old today. Yipee!! I can't believe how time flies! From being an online version of my journal (which I have been keeping since 1987), it evolves into a travel blog when I joined the Pinoy Travel Bloggers (PTB) sometime in April of this year.

As a travel blog, it has now 40 followers, 18,589 page views, 450 published posts and a three (3) month worth of backlogs! (haha). My PTB family has fueled my passion for traveling and blogging through their interesting blogs.(Thanks to You!!)Now, I am really pumped up with traveling and checking off some bucket lists!
(inside the Changi Singapore Airport)

So, as and by way of a mini celebration (from a mini princess!), I write about the most important element of my traveling - the airports! (Click for my In Flight Series!)

Recently I saw About.Com's List of Twenty Busiest Airports In The World based on the data from the Airports Council International. It excites me to know that I have enplaned and deplaned (but not slept) in the fifteen (15) of the 20 busiest airports since I started traveling in 2000.

1. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport

Date Deplaned: August 2000
Hearty Fact: Wide Walkways





2. Beijing Capital International Airport
Date Deplaned: January 2008
Hearty Fact: Free Trolley
(not inside the airport)

3. O'Hare International Airport (Chicago)
Date Deplaned: August 2, 2011
Hearty Fact: Neon - filled walkway and Brachiosaurus skeleton display


4. *Heathrow Airport (London)

5. Haneda Airport (Tokyo)
Date Deplaned: June 30, 2011
Hearty Fact: Spotless Bidet Toilets!


6. Los Angeles International Airport
Date Deplaned: August 2000
Hearty Fact: First US airport I deplaned on so tolerable I guess(can't remember it was more than a decade ago!)

7. Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport
Date Deplaned: July 2007
Hearty Fact: Romantic Feel!! (I was meeting my prince for the first time in the most romantic place on earth!)


8. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Date Deplaned: September 2000
Hearty Fact: Awesome Sky Link

*9. Frankfurt Airport (Germany)

10. Denver International Airport
Date Deplaned: July 14, 20 & 21 2000
Hearty Fact: Attractive Public Arts and Free Wi-Fi


11. Hong Kong International Airport
Date Deplaned: Frequent from August 2005 - August 2011
Hearty Fact: Flat Elevators


*12. Madrid Barajas Airport

*13. Dubai International Airport (United Arab Emirates)

14. John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York City)
Date Deplaned: February 2001 & February 2009
Hearty Fact: Seats with armrest

15. Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Netherlands)
Date Deplaned: July & August, 2007
Hearty Fact: It's tarmac is possible backdrop for a dream wedding! (That time not for me! Look at my shirt!)


16. Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Date Deplaned: August 2000
Hearty Fact: Every Restroom has attendant!

17. Bangkok International Airport (Thailand)
Date Deplaned: August 2000
Hearty Fact: Spacious

18. Singapore Changi Airport
Date Deplaned: September 26, 2008 & October 4, 2008
Hearty Fact: Skytrain and the "green" walls (garden walls)


*19.Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (China)

20. Shanghai Pudong International Airport (China)
Date Deplaned: May 2006, December 2007 & January 2008
Hearty Fact: Good Ambience


Here's to many more years of happy flights...in a busy but hopefully not boring airports!!!

*have not deplaned yet.hopefully soon.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh... I've been meaning to do a post like this also :) Maybe someday. Happy third Ate Mhe-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gay dear for the greetings! coming from you makes this blog birthday thingy fun fun fun! ahh, i resort to this kind of post coz i am not as 'good' blogger like you and my other PTB icons/faves,so less writing, the better for me haha.

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney