Thursday, August 11, 2011

US Summer 2011: In Flight Denver, Colorado!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



Dates:July 14, 16 & July 20-21, 2011
Location: Denver International Airport

Reminiscent of the snow-capped Rocky Mountains in winter, the Denver International Airport in Teflon-coated fiberglass stands in the northeastern Denver, Colorado.

It was easy to get lost inside the 1.5 million square feet Jeppesen Terminal and being there four times in a week's time did not make much difference. Well, my four flights originated from all the three Gates and there's a lot of walking within the Gates alone. There is, however, an automated train that connects DIA’s Jeppesen Terminal to A Gates, B Gates, and C Gates so that helps navigate this fifth (5th) busiest airport in the United States which can accommodate 50 million passengers a year!



Despite the size, I wasn't bored in this world’s greenest airport. First, because free WiFi Internet access is provided throughout the Jeppesen Terminal and all the three Gates. Second, there is a series of 30 sculptures, murals, and installations that entertained me while I go around the terminal. Here's some of the ones I like:



America, Why I Love Her | Artist: Gary Sweeney
Location: Terminal East, by baggage claim 3



Children of the World Dream Peace | Artist: Leo Tanguma
Location: Hall to West Baggage Claim



La Memoria de Nuestra Tierra | Artist: Judith Baca
Location: Terminal South



In Peace and Harmony with Nature | Artist: Leo Tanguma
Location: Terminal South


Real Pirates

6 comments:

  1. If only all airports had free wi-fi and a museum but that's too much to ask I guess. Maybe just a comfy lounge area is enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting murals! Yeah, I hope NAIA would have a museum-like atmosphere, too. We have so much to show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea Claire and Ding, every travelers wish to have a nice airport - comfy lounges, free-wifi and with museum-like- atmosphere!if others can do it, NAIA surely can!let's keep our fingers' crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An impressive share! I've just forwarded this onto a friend who was doing a little research on this. And he actually ordered me lunch simply because I stumbled upon it for him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this subject here on your web site.

    Also visit my blog: how to adfly bot auto clicker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attractive portion of content. I just stumbled upon your
    web site and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact
    enjoyed account your weblog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing in your augment or even I fulfillment you get admission to consistently rapidly.

    Here is my web blog; virtapay currency

    ReplyDelete
  6. I every time used to read paragraph in news
    papers but now as I am a user of net thus from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.


    Also visit my web site; adfly bot

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney