Tuesday, July 12, 2011

US Summer 2011: Eureka! Sacramento California

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



Date: July 1-2, 2011
Location: Sacramento California

Welcoming. Comfortable. Homey. Relaxing. These are the adjectives that best sum up my visit to Sacramento ,California for the first time. I stayed for two days and hosted by my former colleagues Atty. Fred and Jacque Wright at their beautiful home.



Before my visit, I read that Sacramento is the seat of government for the great state of California and home to a major university, so I expected seeing a bustling metropolis of steel and glass like San Francisco, California.



My visit proved me wrong. Eureka!I found a surprising destination! Sacramento is unexpectedly "rural" with "tree-shaded streets lined with elegant Victorian homes". Throughout the city, the many varieties of fruit, flowering and palm trees, huge elms and oaks provide a cool shade, a welcome thing to fight the summer heat with temperature in the high 90s. The beautiful flowers are truly pleasing to the eyes too!



Aside from visiting Museums and colorful Gold Rush historic park , my two-day stay in Sacramento was fun, family oriented, unforgettable, comfortable, memorable.

1. Welcome Dinner



After my taste of Sacramento's museums, my hosts knew I am ready for some chit chats and fill in my tummy good. So they had their youngest son Greg prepared dinner that is truly yummy, healthy and American and invited some family and friends over. Good food.Good friends.Good grief.Where did the evening go?



2. Memorable Overnight



For a great accommodation, my list includes a queen bed lined with stuffed toys and a mirror. Eureka! That is exactly what my room in Sacramento looks like! Falling asleep came in easy and whooaaa I slept like a log with a huge smile hugging the cute little teddies!

3.Sacramento California Temple



The next morning, I woke up early to attend a session at the Sacramento California Temple.Sad though,I left my recommend in California.But it didn't stop me from visiting the temple and tour the beautiful piece of property nestled on a hill overlooking the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.



Overlooking Lake Natoma, the Sacramento California Temple is the 123rd operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints dedicated on September 3, 2006. The majestic oak trees surrounding the site create a serene natural setting.



Northern Californians like Elder and Sister Wright were elated to receive the announcement that a temple would be built in their state capital of Sacramento as they no longer need to drive to the Oakland California Temple which is about an hour away.

4. Farewell Dinner



What a better way to end a great vacation than to have a farewell dinner and have some more family members come over. This exactly what happened on my last day at the Wright's home. Paul and his wife and kids came over and we enjoyed another wonderful meal before I headed back to San Francisco.

Thank you Elder and Sister Wright for a warm welcome and farewell. Until the next summer?


(This is part of the 5-week US Summer Vacation series, which took place from June 30, 2011 to August 3,2011 in California, Colorado, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Pemnsylvania, and Indiana)

1.Four Countries In One Day

2. Enjoying Cable Cars in San Francisco

3. Enjoying Union Square and Downtown San Francisco

4. Commuting Easy With Panoramic Views

5. Mad About Museum in Sacramento California

6.Museums Trekking in Sacramento,California

7. Catching Gold Fever In Coloma,California

8. Psyched With Mormon Battalion In Coloma,California




_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?d6ae17f3fbc5214fa76d0e7fc089105e

_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?d6ae17f3fbc5214fa76d0e7fc089105e

_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?d6ae17f3fbc5214fa76d0e7fc089105e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney