Thursday, July 28, 2011

US Summer 2011: Amazing Denver (Colorado),You Rock!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


Date: July 15, 2011
Location: Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater


Located at the base of the majestic Rocky Mountains, Denver, Colorado packs in with breathtaking mountain scenery coupled with 300 days of sunshine each year.

To boast Denver's rocky gem and welcome me to this mile - high city (5,280 feet above sea level - exactly one mile high), my friend Tes Bridgman brought me to the world - famous Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre in Morrison County (west of Denver), which is also one of the official Colorado Welcome Centers.

Since the Amphitheatre and the Visitors' Center is closed for the day (for a dance event), we followed the hiking trail that led us to a more picturesque spot of the Red Rocks Park. Wow, the views are truly amazing!!!

From where we stood, I could see the 9,450-seat amphitheater flanked by 300-foot red sandstone rock formations. It is such a work of art! And with the on-going rehearsals when we were there, there is nothing like being treated to gorgeous views while listening to great music!

The Amphitheatre was the start and finish line of the reality show The Amazing Race 9. How amazing that I found myself there as well! Truly,Denver, You Rock !!!


(This is part of the 5-week US Summer Vacation series, which took place from June 30, 2011 to August 3,2011


For other US Summer 2011 post please click:
US Travel Posts

2 comments:

  1. Is this somewhere near the Colorado River? It's my dream to kayak or do white-water rafting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Claire, Red Rocks and the Colorado River are on opposite side .I passed by the river on my way to Aspen Colorado but I did not go out to check the rafting and water activities.I'm sure it would be fun to do that there with the wild rapids.Hope we can do that together!!

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney