Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Testament Lesson 25: “Not My Will, But Thine, Be Done

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



(Kawa-kawa in Ligao,Camarines Sur Philippines)

Scripture Block: Matthew 26:36-46; Mark 14:32-42; Luke 22:39-46

While preparing for this lesson,I immediately recalled a sculptured figure of Jesus Christ praying in the Garden of Gethsemane located at the Kawakawa Hill in Ligao City,Albay. As part of my father's Birthday Roadtrip in April last year,we dropped by at “Kawakawa Natural Park”, a famous hill so named for its kawa or wok shape, with fourteen stations of the cross.



Looking at these pictures and reading from the scriptural accounts of Christ’s agony in Gethsemane, I was reminded of Jesus Christ's infinite Atonement for all humankind,for me. And in a way I could not fully understand, He suffered for me in the garden and took upon himself all my sins. It was in the garden and at Calvary that "He worked out the infinite and eternal atonement. It was the greatest single act of love in recorded history. Thus He became our Redeemer—redeeming all of us from physical death, and redeeming those of us from spiritual death who will obey the laws and ordinances of the gospel". (Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, p. 14).

Now as my new creditor,Jesus Christ has invited me to come with him and to follow him, first into the water (almost 25 years now), then into the temple (endowment in 1990 and family sealing last November 9, 2010), and then into eternal glory by living my life to the fullest,repenting of my sins daily and obeying His commandments.









_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?d6ae17f3fbc5214fa76d0e7fc089105e

_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?d6ae17f3fbc5214fa76d0e7fc089105e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney