Saturday, May 7, 2011

What with Seven and Fascinators?

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

For a change, I am shifting topic for this blog entry. This time it is not travel related post(although I went on a short road trip to Marilao, Bulacan)to attend one of the birthday parties subject of this blogpost.



My two cute nieces Shanara Mae and Shaznay Anne (combo of my name Mae Anne hehe) attended separately two birthday parties today.



Both of the celebrants are girls celebrating their seventh (7th) birthday and there was a huge party outdoor - just right outside the house for Michelle and at the mini park of our village for Manami, that their parents graciously hosted in their honor. In addition, both are themed parties with color motifs, souvenirs, tons of food and elaborate activities! There was even a "seven candle, seven gifts" thing for Manami (usually done on a girl's debut).

I just realized that turning seven is such a big deal in the Philippines!



As the stage tita (along the lines with stage mother and stage father) for my two nieces Shanara and Shaznay, I still can't help getting fascinated by these huge girls' parties! And of course, I was fascinated (pun intended) with Shaznay's fascinators!!She looks so lovely with it!

Fascinators are feathers, veiling, silk tulle, silk flowers, swarovski / swaroski, crystals, pearls & sinamay that can be attached to the head worn with a comb, headband, a disc base or a skull cap.



My nieces love fascinators! And I only learned of this term fascinators in my fave Jessica Sojo Reports on GMA 7 when it featured its Europe Specials. As I see the different fascinators worn by guests at Prince William and Kate Middleton's Wedding last April 29, 2011 it reminded me of this picture!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Fascinating indeed! Ang kyooot!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jazz dear! natutuwa ako sa mga pamangkin ko! cuties lahat..

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney