Thursday, May 12, 2011

Love Affair With Coconut Tree!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



While the salt water-friendly, tropical pop tune of Nicole Scherzinger (of then Pussycat Dolls) and Mohombi entitled "Coconut Tree" is playing on tv, I stumbled upon several pictures of me either embracing or posing with a coconut tree. While the song tells of a love story that takes place under a coconut tree (whoaaah!), my pictures shows my fascination for the coconut tree.



This photo was taken in Palawan Beach inside Sentosa in Singapore. I was so amazed to find in a foreign country, a beach with a name identical with our place known for the best beaches. It instantly felt like “home” and gutsy feel prompted me to check it out.

I crossed the suspension bridge and on the other end, saw Singapore's happiest family beach, with lots of tall coconut trees swaying, like our Palawan! I was riveted with the tall coconut tree bent towards the water (as it gave me more "homey" feeling). I decided to stop, to get more in touch with the tree, then I climbed, felt it close, rested a little on its embrace and have someone captured the moment!



This was taken in Saud White Beach during my visit in Pagudpud, a town at the northwest tip of Ilocos Norte. I like how this coconut tree is angled so I took some pictures.



Saud Beach abounds in coconut trees that shield the cottages from the glare of the sun and the white sandy beach, giving the place a cool tropical setting. Hammocks also hung from coconut trees, which is so inviting for a nap during siesta!



_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?d6ae17f3fbc5214fa76d0e7fc089105e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney