Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Testament Lesson 15: I Am the Light of the World

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

During the Feast of Tabernacles (which is one of the greatest and most joyful of all Jewish feasts of the year celebrated for eight-days, including two Sabbath days), Jesus Christ declares that He is the living water, the source of “rivers of living water” — enough water for every living creature. It was this water that he offered to the skeptics and enemies and disciples of Jerusalem, many of whom, though they were very thirsty, “daren’t come and drink.” “If any man thirst, let him come unto me and drink.” (John 7:37)



I remember being skeptical drinking water from a well in Ackersjon, Sweden when I was offered by my friend Roland Ulander. He first tasted it to show that it is clean and potable.

In the gospel sense, I hope I am not unwilling to come to Christ and drink the fountain of the living water He offered through his teachings.



Also in this same feast that Jesus Christ said "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

Jesus is the true light. “He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened.” (Mosiah 16:9) He is the living water. “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” (John 7:38) Jesus has said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6) Let us see the light and drink the water, and follow him to the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney