Friday, March 11, 2011

Pangasinan Road Trip 9: Two Thumbs Up For This Province Messy Business!!!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



Since December 2010, I had been in and around Pangasinan almost weekly. With these frequent visits, I am always treated to Pangasinan's "messy business".

Oops,before you conclude otherwise, when I say "messy business" I simply mean prawns and crabs. I love prawns and crabs although eating them look messy!



With my frequent road trips in and around Pangasinan, I didn't fail to notice that I can always find dishes of crabs or prawns in any homes or restaurants I have visited so far. I later learned that Pangasinan has a growing aquaculture farms focused on the production of mud crabs locally known as "alimango" and tiger prawns ("sugpo")in addition to its more famous seafood produce - bangus (milkfish) of Dagupan City.



Last March 8, 2011,my gastronomic pleasure was again treated to a higher level. My host's long dining table was very enticing, with the biggest prawns and the biggest crabs I have ever seen to date. I wasn't able to take close - up photos of the crabs as I was too shy to do that. But I had this picture taken of the first tiger prawn I devoured haha! (see how big it is?)



The tiger prawn was really good and the crab was tasty. This is a great way to welcome the week with an excellent foodie experience. Pangasinan to me means "simply delicious"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney