Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pangasinan Road Trip 10: Mangatarem: Home To A New -Inn - Office!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

Our road trip last March 23,2011 took us to a second class and the largest municipality in terms of land area in the province of Pangasinan - Mangatarem (or "mango plantation" in Pangasinense.



My paralegal (actually my blood brother Mike ) was staying for the night in Mangatarem for his assignments around Mangatarem, Aguilar and Bugallon. There are no known accommodations in the area and so he was very lucky that Nica's Palace Inn opened its doors on that day.



Nica's Palace Inn is a small transient hotel located along the Mc Arthur Highway (in between Camiling and Lingayen). The hotel has only twelve (12) rooms, all with parking garage, intended for those taking road trips to central or western Pangasinan.

Since I need some documents from my brother Mike, we decided to drive to Mangatarem and stay for the night at Nica Palace Inn.



I was the very first guest to occupy Room 7! (my driver and father occupied Room 1 (double occupancy) and Mike occupied Room 6).

Two thumbs up for Nica's Palace Inn! A hotel that highly values the balance between price and quality!

The overnight rate (12 hours) is only Php 650, while the regular rate for a single occupancy is Php 850 and Php 950 for double occupancy. Php 1,100 for a room with a complimentary breakfast for two.



Cheap rates? Oh yea. But that's not all. My room is spacious and gave me the convenience of an office, since it has a receiving area (center table with two cushioned chairs), a built in table for computers and gadgets, plugs and sockets, and an in-room internet access (wifi!)! Perfect for the work I needed to do with my brother!



My room also me gave the comforts and warmth of a home with a queen size bed with clean (and brand new sweet smelling sheets!!), two comfy pillows, air-condition, telephone, big flat-screen TV with cable channels (for watching my fave Korean soap opera,Baker King,can't miss it!), and a private bath ( with hot and cold shower,mirrors,etc.)



And for toiletries? The overnight rate of Php 650 surprisingly comes with two towels,two toothbrushes,two toothpaste tubes, two soaps,two shampoos, hangers, and two pairs of unmatched colorful slippers (a cute way of saying " please don't take me home! hahha)



With the cheap rates and amenities that comes with it,I couldn't help thinking that "it is just the introductory rates which would double in just two months".I was wrong, according to my brother who spoke to the manager. Good news is that business travelers in the central or western Pangasinan can continue to enjoy the same rate for a "home that comes with the convenience of an office"!!!

Nica's Palace Inn and Restaurant
Owner's Name: Harlene Nica
Address: Umangan, Mangatarem, Pangasinan
Telephone No.: (075)5464033

8 comments:

  1. hi there, do have a number of Nica Palace Inn mangatarem, pangasinan? Is it close to the municipal hall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have the number of Nica Palace Inn mangatarem, pangasinan? Is it close to the municipal hall?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Edison, Yes,Nica Palace Inn is near the municipal hall and the Mangatarem's Catholic Church.My brother has the contact number. I will ask him and send you here or put in the blog entry. Thanks for checking my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, were planning to go to mangatarem by weekend, and we're looking for a place to stay. nice to know that you provided info about the place. looking forward for the telephone number. thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Edison, Here'the number given to my brother. (075)5464033. Owner's name is Ms. Harlene Nica. I also updated the blog entry to include the contact number and address.Glad my post was timely enough.Enjoy your stay there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ηi there this іs κinda οf off toρiс but Ι was wοndering if blogs use WYSIWYG еditors οг іf
    уou havе to manuаllу соde with HTML.
    Ӏ'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Also visit my homepage - link building service

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I ϳust wanted to ask if you ever have аny iѕsues with haсkеrs?
    My laѕt blog (wordpress) was hасkeԁ and I endеd up losing
    а fеw months οf harԁ woгk due to no
    dаta baсkup. Do уou have any mеthods to stop hackers?


    Fеel frеe to viѕit my ωеbsite yaz lawsuits

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney