Friday, March 18, 2011

Binsky: My Adventure Partner!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



Anyone who knows me ( a petite girl with a weak heart) and who has been to the Sumaging Cave in Sagada, would say that the whole caving thing isn't for me! Surely, you will say, I won't survive the more than two hours of grueling, exhausting, slippery walk, butt aching, wall climbing all under a very cold temperature grrrrr.



But here's the news! "I came, I conquered and I survived" SUMAGING CAVE spelunking not once but TWICE!!



Thanks to my adventure partner. Binksy!



Binsky has a lamp. Led us on the trail. And briefed us on the way.



Binksy tested the water.



Binksy held my hand!!!



Binsky assisted me on the rope.



Binsky walked ahead. Showed us turtle head.



Binksy allowed us to see the pigpen, the elephant heads, the chocolate cake, the rice granaries, the Kings's curtain. the Queen. Wonderful creations!



Binksy! My adventure partner. Our adventure partner.Cool. Dependable. Knowledgeable. Cheap.



Binsky is one of Sagada's Tour Guides. For three of us (Nabil and Darin), we paid only Php 500 or Php 175 per person! (It could be cheaper if you are four!)

So next time you are in Sagada, do yourself a favor. Don't miss the caving. Just holler the name Binsky. And he will there!!

This is an entry to Wanderlass Adventure Partner ContestMy-Adventure-Partner-Contest

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney