Sunday, December 5, 2010

CHRISTmas Countdown 05: Christmas Music

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

One of the reasons Philippines' Christmas celebration is said to be the longest and merriest in the world is the playing and singing of Christmas carols and songs in homes, church and malls as early as the ber-months (September - December). Personally though, I sing Christmas carols and songs in December and today, at Church ,I was glad to hear the classic Christmas carols from the Church hymns. Basically, the Christmas hymns reflect the joyful spirit of Christmas and relates mainly to The Nativity.



As a family tradition, we sing Christmas carols when we visit our neighbors for our family Christmas caroling on the week nights before Christmas day, where we give out a little something to the families we visit. So when December comes,we practice the carols during our family home evening on Monday nights.

Today, I have discovered another song I am adding to my list of favorites Christmas songs. It is the Grown - Up Christmas List by Amy Grant. I love the video posted by a friend on Facebook and sharing it here with lyrics below.

Amy Grant - Grown-Up Christmas List Music Video with Lyrics

Do you remember me
I sat upon your knee
I wrote to you
With childhood fantasies

Well, I'm all grown up now
And still need help somehow
I'm not a child
But my heart still can dream

So here's my lifelong wish
My grown up christmas list
Not for myself
But for a world in need

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
and wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown up christmas list

As children we believed
The grandest sight to see
Was something lovely
Wrapped beneath our tree

Well heaven surely knows
That packages and bows
Can never heal
A hurting human soul

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown up christmas list

What is this illusion called the innocence of youth
Maybe only in our blind belief can we ever find the truth
(there'd be)

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end, oh
This is my grown up christmas list

This is my grown up christmas list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney