Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Welcome To Taiwan

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



This sign was the first to greet me as I arrived at Terminal 1 of the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, after a two-hour uneventful flight on Cebu Pacific Airlines.

Located in Dayuan Township, Taoyuan County, Taiwan, the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport is one of three Taiwanese airports with regular international flights, and is by far the busiest international air entry point amongst them.

As I walked towards Terminal 1 waiting area, I was hoping(almost praying), that the earlier incident in Kota Kinabalu with my CS host Chel Leena waiting at a wrong terminal would not happen this time. I thought to myself that it will be comforting to see my CS host Chloe Lliang among the crowd holding a sign with my name as she promised in accepting my couch request.



As feared, CS host Chloe Lliang wasn't with the crowd when I stepped out of the passengers'waiting platform. After a few minutes though,I saw a familiar figure looking out for someone with a sign in between her armpit. Before she can hold the sign,I called out her name excitedly and we became instant friends.

When we got to her lovely apartment in Danshui,Taipei county, I asked her to hold out the sign that reads "Welcome to Taiwan" and on the other side "Mhe-anne" in bright yellow color.

The signs made me feel right at home and open up the road to the wonderful journey of friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney