Saturday, November 20, 2010

Josef and Gracielle: A Family Wedding

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



I am always thrilled when friends get hitched! And today is one of those days (though the couple -Josef Matthieu and Gracielle are so much younger than me to be referred to as my friends). But I know both of them and I'm very close to Gracielle's family, so I wouldn't miss this event for anything! (so glad the Law Society event I organized got moved to a later date).

Josef and Gracielle's wedding is a family affair (not because it is a clash of cultures like the movie of the same title) but because the family's involvement from planning to the actual wedding is very evident plus of course the fact that LDS temple wedding link families together.



The wedding invitation above is unique and beautiful and was created by Gracielle because the family has a successful printing and design business. It comes in a nicely ribboned box and the statue of Moroni made of fiber glass holds the invitation card.



At the wedding reception, the family involvement is again felt - with Gracielle's sisters manning the reception entrance showing a couple's effigy (which was made out of Gracielle's family business too) and her younger sister recounting the dating and courtship while Gracielle's only brother who is only 10years old telling the proposal! He was so funny and witty at that!! I also observed that the 200 plus guests at the Albergus in Quezon City, are either relatives and friends from their respective LDS wards!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy going to Filipino weddings because I think it's wonderful that people found their love and I enjoy the Filipino food as well.

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney