Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Danshui,Taiwan: A Fresh Glance!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

As my CS host Chloe lives in Danshui ( or Tamsui, Danshuei),I read about the town before my arrival. I learned that Danshui is a small sea-side town north of Taipei, Taiwan (ROC).



The town was named after the Danshui River (which means "fresh water") and is a popular site for viewing the sun setting into the Taiwan Strait (as shown by the above picture I copied from Wikitravel site).



As we walked down outside of CS Chloe's lovely condo, I was greeted by a fresh air of autumn and the canopy of trees along the path leading to the Taipei National University of the Arts.



We dropped by the University's Sea View Platform which is shaped along the
contours of the landscape.It is a refreshing experience to take a walk in
the Acacia woods and to enjoy the sights of fishing boats in the distance at
the mouth of the Danshui River!



Tnen during our drive around Danshui,I spotted the "Lover's Bridge", a white-colored, single slanted tower cable stay pedestrian bridge which is said to change color at night. (None of my pictures work though so I put together these pics). I learned that,it was so-called Lover's Bridge because the bridge was started on February 14, 2003, Valentine's Day. As I didn't have my prince with me yet, I passed on walking across the bridge at night!

Yes. I may not be able to see Danshui's sunset and the illuminated "Lover's Bridge" at night, given the timing of my short visit (arriving midnight, traveling to nearby town today and leaving early tomorrow), I am glad to have fresh glance on what this lovely town has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney