Another reason Kota Kinabalu is special, is that it is home to my exhilarating experience - my first stint on parasailing!!
Parasailing is breathtaking and thoroughly enjoyable adventure. I felt like a human kite suspended in the air, circling around Sapi Island while enjoying the spectacular view of the city of Kota Kinabalu and the other islands of Manukan,Mamutik, Gaya and Siulog. It was unparalleled fun!!
Of course, it was natural to be scared at first. Me and Chel was way nervous.Good thing we were not the first to do it. In our company is a sweetheart couple from Singapore and a mother - daughter tandem from South Korea. It was the second time for the Singaporean girl and she keeps assuring us that it is simply fun and exciting!
A para-sail is a parachute that goes up while being towed behind a sail boat. For a starter, the passengers (usually a pair) are snap into the para-sail's comfortable harness, then take a few steps, and driver tows the boat and the parasail soars into the air! The colorful para-sail will bring you hundreds of feet into the sky where you can enjoy the peaceful and serene view of God' wonderful creations!
Parasailing is real easy and exciting esp.if you will follow simple Parasailing Procedures:
- Wear life vest when on board.
- Make sure that the harness is properly set-up.
- Observe proper sitting position (with knee bent like squatting).
- Do not control or pull the para-sail as you wish to, the captain will take care of you.
- Do not stretch your feet if you want to touch into the water.
- Sign to instruct the captain if you want to go down or touch the water.
For more information:
Rates: RM 120 (but we had it for RM 70 each person of Php 980)