Saturday, October 2, 2010

LDS General Conference 2010 and Conference Center Memories

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


Today is the first session of the 180th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City, Utah. What a blessing it is to be able to watch the sessions over the internet via the new.lds.org! The messages are all inspired! I felt like they are all intended to me personally.





The General Conference brought back memories of the first time I was inside the Conference Center a decade ago, sometime in October 2000.

The Conference Center, located to the north of Temple Square, was completed in April of 2000. The auditorium in the Conference Center seats 21,000, and a separate theater in the building seats an additional 850. The building is constructed of granite from the same quarry which provided the granite for the Salt Lake Temple.



Being only 6 months old then, I was able to tour around the Conference Center before the actual Conference sessions were held that year. I couldn't help but get amazed at its massive structure! In fact, I read that a Boeing 747 jet could easily fit inside the massive main assembly hall!



A few days later from that visit, I witnessed huge multitudes of people enjoying the General Conference inside that inspired edifice which resulted from the prophetic ponderings of then-LDS Church President Gordon B. Hinckley. I was seated at the first few rows so I was so thrilled at the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney