Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kota Kinabalu: Home To My Birthday Adventures!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


After a series of pre-trip misadventures (i.e. forgetting my ticket, leaving my ATM when I have no peso on my purse for travel tax P1,620 and terminal fee P750), not knowing the address of my host for immigration document and being on a wrong arrival terminal), I am finally here at the fantastic city of Kota Kinabalu or KK (for short) the capital of the Malaysian state Sabah for a five-day post Birthday adventures! (yea! I just turned 18 plus!!haha)

Since I arrived at 7:45pm and met my host Chel and her friend Juliana almost 9pm (they were at Terminal 1 while I arrived at Terminal 2), our first stop and my first introduction to KK was the Jesselton Point Waterfront (Jesselton happens to be Kota Kinabalu's former name).

Jesselton Point Waterfront is Kota Kinabalu's one-stop dining and entertainment centre which offers casual dining and leisure experiences with its array of alfresco outlets. It is an excellent place to wind down and bask in the cool Sabahan breeze while chilling out with friends. Located along Jalan Tun Fuad Stephens, the Waterfront is a popular hangout for both locals and visitors alike. I was really spoiled for choice when it comes to dining (but no pork though because KK is till predominantly Muslim).
At night, the Waterfront is also home to dazzling lights, pulsating rhythms and a fantastic blend of energy with the various clubs and dance cafes! We entered in one and my heart felt like exploding hahaha..

In the morning, Jesselton Point is a great place for a stroll. At the main entrance, there is a nice archway that welcomes you to the city. On the walls are various photos taken in the early 1900s. There are also two English-inspired red telephone booths and a rail coach serving as a drinking outlet called JP Train Station.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Ma'am! I wish you all the best that life can offer to a classy traveler slash lawyer like you. And, of course, reunion with your prince! *winks* Hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Jazz..my birthday was last month October 1and we both are October born, classy Libran, but really appreciate the greetings! meeting my prince is awesome too..

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney