Thursday, October 28, 2010

Filipino Market: Kota Kinabalu's Seafood Foodie Haven

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

When in Kota Kinabalu, my stomach feels right at home with a late lunch at the so-called "Filipino Market" as most of the hawker stalls are run by Filipino immigrants (mostly from Mindanao)!

The market is on Jalan Tun Fuad Stephens and part of the Filipino Market complex where a variety of Filipino and local handicrafts are sold in the hundreds of cramped stalls, along winding alleyways.

I am not a big fan of street food, but finding a place in a foreign country that serves food that is familiar to my taste buds and palate is exciting. Besides, my CS host Chel highly recommended the place as she finds the food there sanitary and safe to eat. That sends a sense of pride on patronizing my own!

My grilled squid,green mango salad and rice with my two cans of grass jelly filled me up great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney