Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Los Angeles,CA: Time Of My Life!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

Yesterday, I have finally completed my US non-immigrant visa application which is now essentially online. Effective May 24, 2010, all non-immigrant visa applicants are required to complete and submit an online visa application form known as the DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. The DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application replaces the current nonimmigrant visa paper application, Forms DS-156/157/158, and other related paper forms.

Wow! I can't believe how time flies! Yes,it has been exactly ten (10) years today since my very first ever US trip. My destination? No other than the entertainment capital of the world, Los Angeles, California often known by its initials, L.A., and nicknamed the City of Angels.

To reminisce my wonderful visit, I checked my scrapbook and saw the pictures I have taken with the captions taken from the email message of my friend Jeremy Miner who was writing every bit of my experience. He wrote "Mhe-anne is having the time of her life here. I picked her up at the airport on Friday morning and her plane was right on time!".

Jeremy's writings also reminded me of the Top 10 reasons why I love L.A! Here they are:

1. Pink Tree

"Mhe-anne saw a type of tree that she has never seen before. It was pink! Imagine that! A pink tree! To me it is normal because we have lots of them, but to Mhe-anne it was from another world. So I pulled my car on the side of the busy road so she could take a picture of it."

2. Lights at Nighttime

"Mhe-anne was really impressed with the lights at night time.The city lights were very pretty to her and she was amazed to see L.A at night!"

3. Paramount Studios

"Mhe-anne really enjoyed Paramount Studios and I showed her many places where they make movies".

4. Wide Roads and Freeways

"She also is amazed at the roads here. They are so wide and the freeways are so fast.We drive at about 130kph on the freeway.And even when there is traffic the cars move, but slowly."

5. Trash-Free Streets

"Another thing that Mhe-nne noticed was that there is not very much trash on the streets here. But it depends on the city,some cities have more trash and graffiti but Glendale is very clean and has lots of trees andvery little basura."



6. Beautiful Los Angeles Temple

"We stopped by the Los Angeles Temple. The temple was beautiful on a wonderful, clear day."

7. Ralphs Grocery Store

"Mhe-anne loved the grocery store. The aisles are wide, the ceilings are high and there are lot of different foods. Mhe-anne said if she ever moves to America it will be because of the supermarkets. You should see how many different kinds of tomatoes we have and they are huge! and so the onions and potatoes."

8.Disneyland the Happiest Place on Earth

"On Saturday we woke up early and went to Disneyland, the happiest place on earth!".

I have a full entry about the visit on this blog.

In addition, it was in Disneyland I accomplished the task "Wear a virtual reality helmet", one of the task in the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die". I had a one-of-a-kind gaming experience in virtual reality and 3D encounter when I watched "Honey I Shrunk the Audience".The movie was presented in 3D by using polarized glasses and projectors. The entire audience is on a platform that moves up to four inches high during the presentation to simulate the theater moving and the floor shaking (when Adam Szalinski picks up the theater).

9. Hollywood and Downtown Los Angeles

I lost Jeremy's write up about our visit to Hollywood. I remember that we went as close to the marker so that I could get a really good picture of it.
I also enjoyed the many types of attractions within easy driving distance. We strolled along Hollywood Boulevard, inspecting marble stars inlaid into the sidewalks, and taking a peek at the Hollywood Wax Museum and Rippley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium.

10. Glitz and Glamour of Being the First!

Aside from the glitz and glamour L.A is known for, the City of Angels will always be special to me as the US state where I had the time of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney