Sunday, September 5, 2010

Before I Hit The Twig: Learn To Use A Gun, But Never Have To!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

Shoot Fest in San Ildefonso, Bulacan

Guess, writing about this task in the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die" is timely after the August 23 hostage-taking incident in Rizal Park that left 8 Hong Kong tourists dead. It is really tragic and can't help me thinking how this little weapon could be so destructive.

with my Cousin Carmela

I am not so fond of guns, whether for sport or for personal defense, but I know how to use it. Courtesy of my former law student Jonathan Bernardo who owns a private and secluded shooting range in San Ildefonso Bulacan,I was able to do some target shooting. Annually, Jonathan organizes a Fun Target Shooting Invitational and I was able to participate about three times (even winning the first time! call it beginners' luck!). It was great to gain some new skills and kept my mind off law books! haha. Also it was a good experience letting off some steam and feeling much better afterwards. But for the most part, I just enjoyed a relaxing afternoon with friends and students sweating out, followed by a cool drink!

2 comments:

  1. ah..i like to fire guns pero sa arcade lang :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh do you mean the arcade toy guns or the real target shooting inside most mall arcades? if the latter, basically the same as that of a shooting range except for a rather small enclosure and no firing routines,plainly target shoot.if the toy guns, you'll be somewhat surprised at the real mc coy but because you like it you will easily get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney