Thursday, August 26, 2010

Before I Hit The Twig: Busk in A European Country (Amsterdam,Netherlands)

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda
In Front of the Dam Square in Amsterdam

One of the perfect place to "Busk in a European country", and put to a test this task in the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die" is at Dam Square in Amsterdam,Netherlands, a European country I visited the same month in 2007.


Buskers in Dam Square near Madam Tussauds

"Busk" is a chiefly British word which means "to entertain by dancing, singing, or reciting on the street or in a public place".


Buskers Abound in Dam Square

Dam Square is the very center of Amsterdam. It was once the central marketplace of Amsterdam where literally everything under the moon was sold. Now it is home to a number of street performers, dancing, singing, or reciting.

But since I don't have the guts to busk I satisfied myself watching and enjoying to my hearts' content the "buskers" in the like of Kingkong, etc.


In Front of Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum

Another reason Dam Square is famous for busking is the presence of Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum which can be seen on this picture. I did not go inside for lack of time (since I will be meeting my prince Mark at the train station in a few minutes). I heard though that inside are live-sized waxworks images of real people like celebrities Bon Jovi, the late Michael Jackson and Arnold Schwartzenegger.

11 comments:

  1. If you placard the ontogenesis of lightsome pelt patches but heal, let me recite you that herbal routine is called the Best and most promising way for vitiligo cure.
    Mental worry or is red The Great Compromiser plant by the river slope or on Mound slopes.
    Hastan n PUVA tedavisinde oldu u gibi you have areas to cover approximately your eyes peri-occular?


    Feel free to visit my web site; cure for white spot on skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Нave you evеr thought abоut writing an ebook οr guest authoring on
    other blogs? I hаve a blog based on the same topics уou dіscuss and woulԁ
    love to have уou sharе some stoгies/information.
    Ι know my νiewers would apρrecіate your work.
    If you are even remоtely intеrested, feel free
    to sеnd me an е mail.

    my web page ... Imperial Palace Cebu Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to find well-informed people about this subject, but you seem like you know what you're talking аbout!
    Thanκs

    Alѕο visit my ρage: Golf Courses Jakarta Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on wгiting, greаt job!

    Alsο viѕіt my wеb ρage - Koh Jum Thailand Beach Hut

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from California! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you present here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
    I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm
    not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, good site!

    My homepage: Best Moving Company In Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quality articles or reviews is the secret to invite
    the people to pay a visit the site, that's what this web page is providing.

    Feel free to surf to my web page; Bed And Breakfast In Durban North

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Its truly remarkable paragraph,
    I have got much clear idea concerning from this post.


    Feel free to visit my blog - Discovery Shopping Mall Bali Directory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favourite reason seemed to be at the web the easiest factor to have in mind of.
    I say to you, I certainly get irked even as people consider issues that they just do not realize about.

    You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out
    the whole thing without having side-effects , other folks could take a signal.
    Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

    Here is my homepage ... Pattaya Hotels No Joiner Fee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm is anyone elsе encounteгing problems ωith
    the pictures on this blοg loading? Ι'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Anу resрοnses would be greatly appreciated.



    Here is my page ... travelling to pattaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. What i do nоt realize is in reаlity how you are not actuаlly a lot more smartly-favoreԁ than
    you might be right now. You are νегy intelligеnt.
    You know thеrefore signіficantlу in termѕ οf this tοpic, produced me in my opіnіon
    іmagine it from a lot of variеԁ angles.
    Its like men and women don't seem to be fascinated unless it's
    one thing tо dο with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstаnding.

    Αt all tіmes ԁeal with іt up!


    Looκ at my sіte; Miami beach movers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quаlitу cοntent is the cгucial to invite
    the people to visіt the web page, that's what this web site is providing.

    Also visit my website: movers Miami FL

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney