Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vanity License Plate

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



I have been thinking of getting a vanity plate or personalized plate for sometime now. I don't know much about it except that it would cost me extra money to have my own choice of numbers or letters on the motor vehicle plate. So when I bought a new 2010 Isuzu Sportivo I told the agent, I want MAP 888 stands for either Mark Allan Poff or Mhe-Anne's Prince or MAM 757 which stands for Mhe-anne And Mark or vice - versa and July 5,2007)our anniversary date as my plate number. None of these plates are available though. What is available is MAO 888 (the initial of my name Mary Ann Ojeda)and it would cost me P19,000. I feel that it is not worth paying that much for the plate, so I told her I would settle for a regular plate as long as the ending is 8 (because the number is lucky according to the Chinese and the coding day is a Thursday). I got PQI 368. I thought for awhile what could this plate stands for -something personal. The closest I could get is that it is the name for the new USB drive PQI CoolDrive U368. Cool I said. But what does it have to do with me? Then I stumbled upon the Philippines'Vanity License Plate program which was implemented last October 2008. Under the said program, Vanity Plate shall only be issued to the motor vehicle owner and assigned to a registered owner if such motor vehicle have been issued a regular license plate. The physical service life of the vanity plate shall be within a period of five (5) years. After which, the plate owner shall request for re- issuance of new plate bearing the same alphanumeric combination upon payment of re-issuance fee.

What are the Vanity Plates Categories?

LIMITED EDITION

consists of four (4) or maximum of six (6) characters, either all numeric or all alphas. Example: 999999 AAAAA WWWWWW 8888. Can be purchased through public aution with a floor price of Fifty Thousand Pesos (Php 50,000.00).

PREMIUM EDITION

consists of six (6) characters, a combination of numeric-alpha (reverse of the current license plate number).Example: 555 MCM 888 ARL 168 FFF. The price is Fifteen Thousand Pesos (Php 15,000.00).

SELECT EDITION

consists of minimum of three (3) or maximum of six (6) characters. Example: GANDA MACHO JST4U 14344 WINNER. The price is Ten Thousand Pesos (Php 10,000.00).

So it is not too late after all to get a vanity plate even though I was already issued a regular plate for my new vehicle. In fact, only vehicles which were issued a regular plate can avail of a vanity plate. I will definitely apply for my Vanity Plate either Premium Edition - 757 MAP or 888 MAP or Select Edition - MPRINCE or PRINCEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney