Saturday, June 26, 2010

Legally Grand Cookies!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

Lawyers, they say, are known for their attention to details. And for the many great legal minds, they have brought this attribute into the kitchen as well. I am falling short in that respect yet (and also in height! haha) as I have stayed away from the kitchen most of my life. Lately though, I am becoming such a baker! Maybe in a week, there are two days I would just stay home and bake cookies for my nieces and nephews and for friends who allow themselves to be the guinea pigs!

So with the cookies, I started small...














then made them a little bigger...















then comes the monster cookies...I call them legally grand cookies!!!



Because I always lose the faxed recipe, I am putting it here (for my own consumption haha).

Choc-Oat Chip Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups QUAKER Oats (quick or old fashioned) uncooked
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels

Directions

Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. beat well. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, chocolate morsels and nuts. mix well.
Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 9 to 10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12to 13 minutes for a crisp cookie.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet,remove cookies to a wire rack. Cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney