Saturday, June 19, 2010

Breaking Out of A Rut: Traveling To Dasmariñas City!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


After my stay-cation (read as: being home for two weeks -hanging on the couch, chatting with friends overnight, baking and just taking it easy during the holiday frenzy),I am finally hitting the road today. My destination: the newly declared city in Cavite - Dasmariñas City, as the venue for the wedding of my friend's Dale and his pop-eyed Olive.


Located approximately 30 kilometers south of Manila,the City of Dasmariñas is a first class city in the province of Cavite, Philippines. It is not my first time to travel to this place dubbed as the "Melting Pot" of Cavite, but my first after its attaining cityhood pursuant to Republic Act 9723 dated October 15, 2009 which was ratified by the registered voters of Dasmariñas through a plebiscite conducted last November 25, 2009.

So to both Dasma (as in Dasmariñas City!) and Dale, may you enjoy the new roads brought about by gaining independence (yes, for Dasma) and on losing it (for Dale (haha! peace Olive! peace!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney