Friday, May 21, 2010

Cebu Wishlist Checked Off: Maribago Bluewater Resort!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

Cebu is known for its pristine white sand beaches. But with my nth visits there, to be in the crystalline waters, and luxurious resorts remained on top of my summer wishlist for this Philippine paradise. I am glad I was finally able to mark this off last May 19-21,2010.

Immediately after attending a business meeting in Cebu City, I asked around for recommendations on good beach resorts.Cebu is a long narrow island surrounded by 167 neighbouring, smaller islands so choosing did not come easy. I chose Mactan island since it is located only a few kilometers from the island of Cebu and only 15 minutes away from the airport,perfect for my early morning flight the next day. Mactan Island boasts of a diverse tourist spots and attractions and home to all the major beach resorts in the province. For starter,I visited two deluxe beach resorts namely Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort and Tambuli Beach Club.

Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort, is a lush 5-hectare paradise of pure intimate pleasure. Too bad, there is no available room for me. Oh well, their rooms are quite expensive (five figures hmmm)for a solo traveler who is staying overnight only so I guess that's a blessing in disguise (haha). Good thing, my friend whom I was meeting in person for the first time invited me for lunch at this gorgeous resort.

With Atty.Michelle Mendez - Palmares and her hubby Francis , I had lunch at an open air pavilion in front of an inviting swimming pool on which Michelle's boy waded in no time when we got there.The food was pretty good, and I loved their free bluewater (which is actually lemongrass and lemon). I also met Dra.Iris Jakosalem, Michelle's good friend who happened to be the resort's resident doctor and Watsu instructor. She is a such a darling.We had a lively conversation and enjoyed her jokes. She also treated us to a nice ice cream.


Maribago Bluewater has an amazing spa called Amuma (visayan, meaning: pamper, indulge with every attention, comfort, care; spoil). As a massage and spa fanatic, the Maribago Bluewater spa to me is the highlight of the resort. I was very lucky to have met Dra.Iris coz she gave us a tour at this amazing place. Simply said, the Amuma Spa has the gracious pampering I am looking for. The environment and massage treatments really will rejuvenate the body and spirit. Total relaxation!









Another one of a kind massage that Maribago Bluewater offers is the Watsu or shiatsu on water treatment. Since I love the water (yea,I am a swimmer) and love a weekly massage,Watsu sounded really fantastic. Downside is,only Dra.Iris is the licensed doctor to do the Watsu.So if ever I am back in Cebu,you know the reason why!

2 comments:

  1. Mhe-anne, it was really nice meeting you at the Bluewater resort with Michelle. Am glad you enjoyed the place, and the photos taken actually came out pretty well considering it was such a sweltering day, and we were just languishing in the heat... Do come back for a visit, and let's work on finally getting that much wished for WATSU. ;-)

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dra.Iris!thank you for checking my blog and for the comment.Meeting you is such a pleasure. I am really looking forward to coming back and getting the Watsu.I will let you know as soon as I have the date fixed. Hopefully, my bf will be with me, but surely you'll be "out of town" if he requests for Watsu haha.

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney